People are idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are idiots

I mean, who writes the signs.. tne horoscopes.. 'today you will be.. you'.

I mean, who are these guys? Have you ever known any of those? I haven't, I think none of us knows any of them. I think they rather say they work talking to a phone sex line or something.

And this I really dont' get... I'm now going through Married with Children, and Al is the biggest idiot in the world for one reason. Peg is freaking hot, ok? She is smoking hot. Hot hot hot!!! And we all know this to be true.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

The daughter is hot

Comment

yeah she's hot too. It's a guilt trip too, because she's rather young.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

No way she's too young unless the series has been going since the 70s and you're watching the early episodes. The episodes I saw, she was probably 20-25, can't be sure.

Comment

WEll, it did go for 10 years. Then again, of course I'm also talking about the.. later episodes.

What about the guy who writes the horoscopes? I think that guy needs a raise.
          In da butt.

Comment

I think horoscopes are for *******s, but since everyone has one...

BTW., don't laugh. This is the first TV person I saw as a kid and though was a hottie

Comment

Here's to the hero of la Resistance

Comment

Since the horoscopes tend to be syndicated (at least, the ones I've seen are), there are only a handful of astrologers. So the odds of any one of us being acquainted with one of them are pretty low. Plus they probably have their own crowd they hang out with, very different from your preferred buddies. Much more crystal- and aura-oriented. Alternately, the horoscopes might be randomly generated by computers from various bland statements.

And Christina Applegate was only underage in the really early ones AFAIK (the ones where she had blatant mega-frizz eighties-hair and wasn't especially attractive as a result). Once the series entered the nineties and she got normal hair she was either eighteen or very close to it. Idunno, maybe someone can check IMDB to be sure.

EDIT: IMDB says she was born in November 1971. MWC premiered in 1987. She was only underage for the first two years of its decade-long run.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok, I don't know how they fooled you, but I've seen computer programs write horoscope.

Comment

Fooled me? Huh? I *said* they might be written by computers. Or are you saying that computers are terrible at writing horoscopes, and so the real human astrologers have "fooled me" into thinking they're dumb Word scripts?
                    1011 1100

Comment

Not underaged in Finland

Anyway, I think I'm going to buy that no ma'am shirt. I've seen them sold on the internet couple of times.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        Since the horoscopes tend to be syndicated (at least, the ones I've seen are), there are only a handful of astrologers. So the odds of any one of us being acquainted with one of them are pretty low. Plus they probably have their own crowd they hang out with, very different from your preferred buddies. Much more crystal- and aura-oriented. Alternately, the horoscopes might be randomly generated by computers from various bland statements.

And Christina Applegate was only underage in the really early ones AFAIK (the ones where she had blatant mega-frizz eighties-hair and wasn't especially attractive as a result). Once the series entered the nineties and she got normal hair she was either eighteen or very close to it. Idunno, maybe someone can check IMDB to be sure.

EDIT: IMDB says she was born in November 1971. MWC premiered in 1987. She was only underage for the first two years of its decade-long run.
                        Darkstar hung out with horoscope type people..

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: People are idiots

Originally posted by Pekka
                          I mean, who writes the signs.. tne horoscopes.. 'today you will be.. you'.

I mean, who are these guys? Have you ever known any of those? I haven't, I think none of us knows any of them. I think they rather say they work talking to a phone sex line or something.

And this I really dont' get... I'm now going through Married with Children, and Al is the biggest idiot in the world for one reason. Peg is freaking hot, ok? She is smoking hot. Hot hot hot!!! And we all know this to be true.
                          I love your random thoughts.

As for married with children, he treats her like she's a fat housewife, but she isn't fat. But everything her character does resembles a fat housewife (eating bon-bons, watching Oprah on the sofa etc). I figured they didn't cast a fat woman for the role for PC reasons.

Comment

More likely keeping-the-youth-bracket-for-advertisers reasons. The show wasn't exactly PC by nature.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Re: Re: People are idiots

Originally posted by Dis
                              I love your random thoughts.
                              Me too

But I preferred the one about the deaf chicks
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X