Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal

So yeah, I finally moved back after 14 years. Is it just me or is the city a lot more French now?

Any advice on what to do, where to buy stuff cheap, etc.?

Also, since I know some of you guys actually live in the area, can you recommend an ISP that doesn't suck? (Or should I just try to buy a bigger wireless antenna and tap into the McGill wireless network. I think I can almost get it from my apartment, but not quite.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

14 years? Yeah, it's a bit more french since then.

What to do? Depends on your interests/age group.

Where to shop? What ya looking for?

I use Videtron cable for ISP, but I like the Concordia wireless too. Need to be a student for that of course. But you can piggy back on some decent wireless connections around Guy and Ste Catherine.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Well, I'm mainly trying to use my desktop at home. (I have no problems finding wireless for my laptop.)

I'm wondering if I can buy an antenna big enough (since I won't be moving it much) to tap into the McGill network. With my current, fairly standard stuff I can see it, but not get a signal strong enough to actually do anything.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Actually, right now I'm looking for a microwave and a toaster at non-retarded prices. My apartment didn't come with one, but apparently St. Laurent and Ste. Cathrine no longer have lots of cheap shops that sell this sort of thing.
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Where do you live Victor Galis?
          bleh

Comment

@do you speak french^?
            bleh

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
              Where do you live Victor Galis?
              lol Montreal LOL
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha

lol Montreal LOL

Near concordia or near McGill, or on which street?
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                  lol Montreal LOL
                  The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Montreal

Nadia Comaneci

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc

Near concordia or near McGill, or on which street?
                      A couple blocks away from McGill, and well my French leaves a bit to be desired. I'm avoiding it at the moment when I can help it though.
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                      X