No announcement yet.

Firefox at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send an email every single time IE crashes to IT and complain about how their inferior software inhibits your job and is costing the company productivity. CC the CEO. Demand to know why they force you to use inferior broken technology.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
      I've heard about this, but the rules also states that we are not allowed to have anything on the computers, and we are not allowed to bring a USB-pen (they are probably too scared of viruses, which is understandable, as it's a very important company, a virus would be a disaster)
      You could download Portable Firefox, and save it to the folder where you're supposed to save your documents and stuff. Surely you have such a folder?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yeah, he could probably do that, as long as he doesn't try to launch the program.

He doesn't get anywhere before he convinces IT support to make it a legal application.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

IE isn't that bad is it?

Comment

It's maybe not so much a question if IE is bad, but more about FF is better. It took me only short time to be convinced and I'm pretty pissed when some site forces me to use IE.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Send an email every single time IE crashes to IT and complain about how their inferior software inhibits your job and is costing the company productivity
              Well, as my job is talking to customers (charging them per second), they (my bosses) are only happy the longer time it takes to find what the customers are looking for, so for them it's like this: The more times IE crashes, the more money goes into their pockets
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                IE isn't that bad is it?
                Back when I was using IE, I had to scan for adware all the time, with FF I get less adware on my computer in a year, than I would get in a day with IE
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Internet Explorer at school. The few times I access the Internet at work, it is IE based.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                    The more times IE crashes, the more money goes into their pockets
                    What about the possibility that an IE crash could happen whilst you're filling in a form about a job... thus losing the job (and therefore all the money associated with it) entirely.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

IE 7 (beta) has never once crashed for me.
                      be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                        IE 7 (beta) has never once crashed for me.
                        IE 6 hasn't crashed once for me either... more like 20+ times.

Same goes for Firefox, although about 10 times less.

Opera on the other hand has crashed on me thrice ever. And those times were from lack of memory (at least one of the times, I was was running a C++ IDE, about 6 instances of a Text editor, two games, plus Opera, plus a couple of other apps, all at the same time.)
                        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Firefox Portable works at work - mostly. I can't get to Yahoo for some reason. Of the few websites I've tried so far, that's the only one I couldn't connect to.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                          X