The [North/South] is better than the [South/North]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The [North/South] is better than the [South/North]

This can apply to any country you live in, but for starters, I'd like to invite Southern (British) 'polytubbies to name bands from the south that are better than those from the north.

Marillion seems to be from the north.

In Poland, the south is more densely populated, has all the natural resources, all the industry, all the mountains.... Even the quality of grounds is better in the south. The north are just dull plains. On the other hand, the north has the sea and lakes. Strangely, the lake in my city is located on the northern edge as well. Taking into account that in Germany, the lakes are in the north as well... and so it is in Russia... Finland is north and it has lots of them... Norway does not, but with all those fiords it's enough to cut them from the sea quickly and catch the South completely unprepaired.
    I think is is fishy... And glaciers are no excuse.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

I think it's pretty clear about the USA. All 49 of their states are pretty equal. South is more layed back, from what I've seen.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Laid back is an understatement. If it weren't for the North, the South would be a 3rd world country.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh yeah, and much of the North is rude.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I really do not want to comment, as I'm sure everyone knows my own bias already.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: The [North/South] is better than the [South/North]

Originally posted by duke o' york
              This can apply to any country you live in, but for starters, I'd like to invite Southern (British) 'polytubbies to name bands from the south that are better than those from the north.
              Not really, unless you're fond of tundra.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The South of Bolivia is better than the north, the same for Brazil.
                I think Geography matters, in both countries the south is more temperate, nicer weather for living, north equatorial, jungle etc.

What about Germany, is Bavaria better than the north?
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                  The South of Bolivia is better than the north, the same for Brazil.
                  I think Geography matters, in both countries the south is more temperate, nicer weather for living, north equatorial, jungle etc.

What about Germany, is Bavaria better than the north?
                  Well as long as there's saltenas it's all good. But overall Santa Cruz has vastly better food (beef, some of the world's best fried chicken, quail, great river fish) than the altiplano (french fry and peanut soup, guinea pig, rehydrated potatoes and flavorless corn). Blech.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Bavaria is catholic. North is protestant. North united Germany. Of course south is better.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Oh yeah, and much of the North is rude.

I haven't seen a real distinction between the two, honestly. It depends on where you are. Chicagoans are actually very polite, and while New York is known for its rudeness, studies show that New Yorkers are atually quite polite. Miamians, on the other hand, are some of the rudest people I've ever me. There are a lot of Latin American elites living in that city, and they seem to think they sh!t gold or something.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think it's pretty clear about the USA. All 49 of their states are pretty equal. South is more layed back, from what I've seen.
                        the west is more laid back. Southerners (especially on the east coast) are more conservative and rigid.

Comment

North of Finland trumps South, hand tied behind her back.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

IIRC Minnesota is the nicest state in the union. People from Iowa may disagree, but we all know they are just crybabies.
                            I changed my signature

Comment

What state aren't you counting? The Republic of Texas?
                              I changed my signature

Comment

Working...
                              X