Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton! How can I use my mouse as a joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton! How can I use my mouse as a joystick?

I want to replay some of my old wing commander games... the only problem is a game worth playing which uses a joystick has not been made in about 10 years, so I no longer own one.... nor do I wish to buy one.

SOMEONE out there must of written a program to let you use a mouse as a joystick...... anyone know of one which works well? I've looked, no luck.

I did some brief searching, and the reverse seems more common. If you continue to have no yield, I'll look some more later.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I googled a lot before I asked here heh .

Comment

I seem to recall playing Tie Fighter with mouse, so I wonder if there needs to be support ingame...

You don't own any game consoles, do you? There are very cheap adapters out there, PSX-to-USB etc.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Nope,I don't.

The idea here is to NOT spend money heh.

Comment

You can get a joystick for $20, maybe $10. Cheapskate.

Comment

I think this question would best be fielded by Richard Gere
              Monkey!!!

Comment

IIRC the Wing Commander series supports Mice independantly of Joysticks, so you shouldn't need any conversion program... in fact most games will accept either.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Playing WC with a mouse is impossible, the control scheme makes it unplayable.

Comment

So it works, but so badly, that you end up catfood?
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I've played it successfully with a mouse.
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Wing commander can not be played with a mouse, at least wing commander 1 through 3, can not. The default mouse control scheme makes it impossible to control.

Comment

You could try putting it between your legs and rubbing vigorously, but I think that you're probably not going to be satisfied. There is no substitute for the real thing.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Have you tried ppjoy?
                            I did a google search for "Joystick Emulator" and that seemed most promising since Mouse->Joystick is supported. No idea if it works well though.

Comment

I'd like to know who came up with the term joystick. That can't be the best name for it. Obviously the person who came up with that word never got laid.

Comment

Working...
                              X