Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Mercury party banned

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa....ap/index.html

ZANZIBAR, Tanzania (AP) -- A huge beach party to honor late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury must be stopped because the Zanzibar-born rock star was gay, a Muslim leader said Thursday.

Mercury, who died of AIDS in 1991, violated Islam with his flamboyant lifestyle, said Azan Khalid of Zanzibar's Association for Islamic Mobilization and Propagation.

"That's why he was branded a Queen," Khalid said, adding that anything linking Mercury with Zanzibar's Muslim population would be offensive.
    y
    You go, Khalid!

Queen once recorded a song in Arabic called "Mustapha".. Pretty good tune..
    Last edited by Brundlefly; September 1, 2006, 08:14.

Re: Freddie Mercury party banned

Originally posted by Brundlefly
    Queen once recorded an a song in Arabic called "Mustapha".. Pretty good tune..
    From their best album.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Queen
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Fundies
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
          Queen
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

PRAISE ALLAH!
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
              Queen
              RIP Freddie
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

That Khalid guy is just pissed that there's no planet named after Allah.
                Attached Files

Comment

Queen Rocks!!!

JA Cambece
                  JA Cambece Law Office

Comment

I love queen. It was my favourite band before genesis.
                    Still, it is pretty obvious he is not a model for a pius muslim, or any other religion adherent. And queen's "prophet"...

well, I wouldn't be suprised if this guy condemned FM. It'd be Ok. but banning a party is an outrage.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Yep, it´s a shame that fundies (especially muslim fundies it seems)
                      can´t let live people the way they want,
                      but instead want to force their own beliefs on others.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Still, it is pretty obvious he is not a model for a pius muslim, or any other religion adherent. And queen's "prophet"...
                        Why not? He made millions of people happy and provided an inspiration to countless others, and died with dignity of a debilitating and painful disease, bringing AIDS to public attention.
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

still, he lived in disaccordance with islam's (and christianity's, and zoroastrism's probably as well) moral rules.
                          Middle East!

Comment

Because he took it up the ass, instead of giving it up the ass?
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

according to the afforsaid moral codes, both are wrong
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X