The Minivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Minivan

I'm planning on driving up to Pittsburgh to visit my girlfriend this weekend. Predictably, there are problems.

First, a hurricane. This one I'm not so worried about. Just some rain to deal with.

Second, my car. My minivan. My 1998 Ford Windstar that had its alternator die the day I bought it from my girlfriend's parents.

Car Problem Number One: This started yesterday morning on my drive to work. When idling, the car shakes. Vibrates. Pulsates. Much more so than normal.

Car Problem Number Two: When actually driving, and not idling, my car seems to have trouble shifting up properly (it's an automatic). Seems to lurch when moving and not respond fast enough to what I'm doing.

Car Problem Number Three: On the drive home from work, the coolant temperature indicator was fifty to a hundred percent higher than it normally is. I can't tell you what the actual temperature was because there are no numbers on my temperature gaugue, just a white line that gets pointed at by a mechanical hand.

I have no idea if these three problems are related, or what they could mean individually. So once again, before I shovel it off to a mechanic, I ask Apolyton...

What's wrong with my car?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Check your colant level. If low, fill and check your radiator and hoses for leaks. Just in case, also check your oil and transmission fluid levels. If any of these are low, fix it and check to see if any of the problems get better.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
    X