• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Vidal on Bush

Enjoy. Or not.

Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

That was depressing.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Gore Vidal on Bush". Now there's an image to savour.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

You're such an intellectual, L&TG.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Some good points. Who, precisely, was going to "retake" the offices at state legislatures and below was left very unspecified. Points on Chinese action leading to economic collapse and the 20-year recovery have been made elsewhere. Points about the close similarities between Dems and Reps and the newspapers as house organs have also been made repeatedly over the last 30 years (since the departure of Nixon at least).

The left is horrified by what has transpired, the rest of the populace is confused, debating intractable issues (e.g., abortion -- Do you think a compromise on murder vs. a woman's body being her own can be conceived of, much less acheived?) instead of areas of clearer definition (free speech, search and seizure), and generally sold the politics of fear.
          This is not new, but it deserves better circulation.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

summary?

Comment

Bush is Emperor and has destroyed the Republic. A Roman analogy I think. Please try to not think of Star Wars.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The first Roman emperor was actually trying to restore the Republic. Bush never thought of this

(Neither did Octavian probably, but let's follow Roman propaganda for a second)

Comment

Is there anything remotely new in this interview?
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                    Bush is Emperor and has destroyed the Republic. A Roman analogy I think. Please try to not think of Star Wars.
                    Didnt Gore Vidal say the same thing about Reagan, LBJ, JFK and even FDR?
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                      Oh, ok. /doesn't click the link

Comment

The war against dandruff
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                        X