Why is the default "down?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the default "down?"

Ok, I've wondered this for a long while. Why is the default toilet seat position have to be down? Why can't it be "up?"

It's no less work for me to lift the seat and lower it again when I'm done than it is for my lady friend to lower it and then raise it when she's done. Am I right or am I right?

And don't give me any lines about "well, when you wake up in the middle of the night and its dark and you don't look and the toilet seat is up and you sit down...." Hey, listen lady, if I'm not allowed to call you on how stupid it is to sit down without looking, you're not allowed to call me out on pissing on the toilet seat when *I'm* eliminating waste in the middle of the night. Am I right or am I right?

You're also not allowed to call me on what an insensitive ***** I am for mentioning it!

Gentleman, its time to change the status quo! I hereby decree that the default toilet seat position.... is UP! Who's with me?!
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

I have a Solomonteian solution for you.

Just rip off the goddamn toilet seat. No up or down. REAL men don't need toilet seats. They can take both the cold AND the dirt when they take a dump.

Anyway, I have observed that normal cheap toilet seats are made to bear ony the weight of a 60kg female. Whenever a REAL man, weighing 90kg or more sits on one, their pansy plastic "bearings" tend to break away.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

Comment

Put the seat and lid down, then neither of the couple can whine. Now, what were you saying about Solomonteian solution ?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Put the seat and lid down, then neither of the couple can whine. Now, what were you saying about Solomonteian solution ?
          And it keeps the cats out. Plus it keeps flushes from aerisolizing your filth all over your bathroom . . . and toothbrush.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Which means you don't give your system the workout it needs...

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I always put both the toilet seat and the lid down.

First of all it makes the woman do some work. And they still can't complain that you didn't put the toilet seat down, because I did.

Second it's great because sometimes I drop **** like toothbrushes, and I've had a couple close calls with them going into the toilet. You don't have to worry about that when the toilet seat is down.

third, I'd read some articles that suggest particles of crap I guess, are spread all throughout the bathroom when you flush the toilet. I feel more comfortable with the toilet seat down when I flush the toilet. (I also keep my toothbrush in the cabinet).

Comment

I always put both the seat and the lid down.

For why Diss and Che said - to minimize crap being thrown all over the room.

Plus, no one likes walking in a bathroom and BAM seeing a toilet bowl.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

particulate matter tends to get everywhere, you are just compressing the exit vectors so it will get flung further.

Comment

not if I hermetically seal the toilet with plastic wrap.

Comment

worry about a mount Saint Helens scenario then.

Comment

It's not like there's very much pressure. Water is gravity drained from the tank.

Comment

Lid down
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              It's not like there's very much pressure. Water is gravity drained from the tank.
                              it only has to happen once, and besides, thats di-hydrogen monoxide you're talking about, dangerous stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X