Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

/back from 2 hours of Ultimate practice

I'm winded, not wound up
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Koreans suck, particularly the international students, because they all clump together and talk in Korean all day.
      Tell them about how you plan to visit Takeshima on your next trip to Japan and they'll get a lot less boring
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Things I learned:

No, it's not a good idea to do essays through the middle of the night, but yes, I will do it anyway. And enjoy it in a slightly-masochistic type of way.

Do extra-curricular stuff early so you can concentrate on your degree when your grades actually matter – one of my friends had the best CV I've ever seen for an undergrad by the time she'd finished her first year, meaning she has two years of studying to make sure she gets a 1st to go with it.

Don't write something off before you've tried it – I ran a society I only went along to because a friend dragged me there and have had the best experiences of my life because of it.

If you want a job in a particular field, look early. Getting relevant work experience in your first year helps so much. Or working with them as part of a society thing.

LDRs give you the opportunity to have another set of friends in another city, and almost a second life. However they also mean you miss out on weekends at uni. Something of trade-off.

That the AP system rocks – having been bored at school and taken extra A levels I still didn't get any credit for it at uni.

Don't let your room get turned into the floor's lounge - invade someone else's room instead.
        Possibly as the floors lounge, but I loved having my room as where most of my friends parties tended to be held. Or film nights. But I think that's more to me having every form of alcohol under the sun, a huge bed and the only reasonably decently sized monitor.

Building your own computer model of the economy is the coolest course ever.
        Damn, that's far cooler than anything I ever get to do.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
          God, I miss college.
          QFMFT.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

1) The money you badgered mom and dad into spending on a high school class ring was wasted. The only purpose served by these is that they allow the bouncer to identify fresmen.

2) If there is any place on campus commonly known as "the Drunk Trap," it is best avoided when inebriated. There's probably a reason it's called the Drunk Trap.

3) Yes, your math is correct. You can fit more beer into a 40 oz mug than into a 12 oz cup.

3) No, your logic is incorrect. No. 3 will not actually allow you to consume more alcohol. It will only reduce the number of trips you make to the keg.

4) If one of your friends confesses to having blacked out the night before, the proper response always begins with: "You mean that you don't remember when you . . . [insert appropriately embarrassing narrative]?" His reaction will be priceless.

5) Never confess to having blacked out if at all possible. Your friends will tell you that you did all sorts of horribly embarrassing things.

6) You can survive for a very long time on Ramen noodles and water. Save your money for alcoholic beverages.

7) Ramen noodles are cheap. Your roommate's food is free.

8) If your roommate labels his food with his name, disregard #7.

Comment

The way to cure roommates of labeling their food is to label your beer and always make sure there is some around.

And if you're debating with yourself about whether something you're about to do is stupid. IT IS.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                And if you're debating with yourself about whether something you're about to do is stupid. IT IS.
                Unless it's asking out the beautiful girl in the corner. You never know...
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Unless it's asking out the beautiful girl in the corner.

QFT QFT QFT QFT QFT QFT.

Comment

Working...
                  X