New computer troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer troubles

I just got a new computer with a GeForce 7900 GT card, but for some reason I can't get tv-out to function as it did on my old GeForce card

When I run a video on my computer it goes full-screen on my tv, and depending on which movie I run, I get into one of two problems:

1) The movie fills out all of the screen, as my tv isn't a 16:9 tv, everything becomes taller than it should be

2) The other problem is much worse: This also goes to the top of the tv (making everybody taller), but it doesn't use the space at the sides of the tv, making it look like this:

How do I make the videos show up as they're supposed to? :

This space is empty... or is it?

If you are using Media player clasic you can correct that with the key·pad or select the correct scale directly.
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

You might need to set a custom resolution.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
        If you are using Media player clasic you can correct that with the key·pad or select the correct scale directly.
        I have tried with several media players, they all give the same result

Comment

Stop watching TV and start playing computer games

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

From my minimal experience with tv-out, i'd blame the TV ... well, more than likely the TV is getting input that it's not correctly displaying, so either the gforce isn't sending it right or, more likely, the TV isn't displaying it right. You might have auto-zoom or something like that set on the TV.

No idea why changing the cards would matter
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I have had two GeForce cards with tv-out, and both of them worked as they should on my tv. Maybe the problem is the never drivers? On the old card I had some old drivers installed, don't remember which version though

Oh, and while we're on the subject of graphic cards and my new computer, there is one more annoyance: Whenever I start the computer I get a small popup (down by the clock in WinXP) which says SLI has been disabled... of course it's disabled, I've only got one card, but why does it have to bother me all the time?

Comment

After reading the nvidia forums, I've found out that the problem is the 9x.xx drivers, not the settings. The only solution found so far: Go back to 8x.xx drivers instead

But at least the newest drivers did fix part of my problem (the worst problem). Now all my movies are shown full screen, so no more any of this:

Comment

Working...
                X