Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, who is this guy, and what has he done with our real president . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok what if the monkeys were using T9/tegic enabled cell phone pads instead of a keyboard. How much would that reduce the monkey power needed to write Hamlet?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

The black/white thing is a different discussion because people thought that black people were lesser people then white people. A lot of anti-gay marriage may disagree with gay-intercourse, I think most of them do not see gays as lesser people. They just think that marriage is a man/woman thing.
      That may be wrong, but it's just an opinion and humanity is known for having had a billion wrong opinions and for being unable to find out which opinions are perfectly true and which are not. It would be different if they would be stoning gays (which actually happens in some countries as well)

that doesn't mean that there's a lot of things going wrong in the christian community if we talk about gays. Having said that, I think that a lot of things go wrong in the gay community as well. Neither the gay community nor the christian community are perfect.

I hope you guys can understand such a ballanced opinion instead of the usual black-white poly-fundamentalistic-liberal thinking overhere.
      But there are people today who see gays and lesbians as being less than human when they refuse to recognize that gays and lesbians have some of the same, basic human desires that straight people have -- such as seeking a committed, intimate relationship with someone else -- only in this case, with someone of the same gender.

When you refuse to extend equal protection for the same relationship that gays and lesbians want that straight people take for granted, you refuse to recognize the common humanity of people, regardless of sexual orientation.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

But there are people today who see gays and lesbians as being less than human when they refuse to recognize that gays and lesbians have some of the same, basic human desires that straight people have -- such as seeking a committed, intimate relationship with someone else -- only in this case, with someone of the same gender.

When you refuse to extend equal protection for the same relationship that gays and lesbians want that straight people take for granted, you refuse to recognize the common humanity of people, regardless of sexual orientation.
        I'm not sure if believing that sexual intercourse between two people of the same gender is not good for them is the same as believing that they are lesser people.

I'd say that if someone would concidered to be a lesser person one wouldn't care about these people and about what they do.
        If someone thinks that someone is a lesser person he'd most probably doesn't want to sit next to him, talk to him, shake hands with him, etc. That's what happened to black people. They were concidered to be lesser people and therefor weren't allowed to do the same things as the white people and were even seperated from the white people.

As far as I can see the majority of the funda christians who are against gay relationships do grant everything to gays, see them as equal people and have no problems talking to them, shaking hands with them and do even care about them and worry that their relationships are not good for them.

I do see your point that they try to take something from gay people (love, sex) but I think they do that with the best interest for these people. It sounds stupid but that's what it is.

I'm not saying that they are right or wrong, all that I'm saying is that they can have that opinion. I agree with you guys though that it's not good imho that they should force their opinion on others.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

You see guys -- you can have a debate without any namecalling here on Poly OT.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yeah, but it's really boring.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

You can call names as long as you just don't write them down
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
              X