I need help from the old timers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help from the old timers!

I'm going to a 70's party tonight with my lady friend. It's supposed to be a big to do with 150+ people attending but my problem is I don't have any 70's clothes. I need ideas, people. How can I get an outragous 70's outfit put together in the next 7 hours? What sort of accesories should I be looking for? I'm leaning towards going to a thrift shop and buying the most outragously colored shirt with a giant collar I can find and then putting on my cordory pants. Maybe I should pick up some of those giant aviator sunglasses which were so popular back then. What about shoes? Will tennis shoes work or do they need to be something special like Vans or Converse?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Paisley or just diarrhea brown/orange shirts with butterfly collars, ass-hugging bell bottoms, platform shoes and maybe an afro wig and big medallion necklace would be the full ensemble. Or you could go with a leisure suit. Thrift/vintage stores are usually your best bet.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Just wear black, it's fine for most decades
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

You should sport a punky red mohikan hair
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Ouch - that depends. Are you going as a rocker, a disco or as a flipper (that is probably a danish word, but considering the others ) ?

Plateau shoes is a must - tennis shoes is a nono.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Hit one of those OB garage sales.

Comment

I have 4 hours to find my costume. I had to work most of today but I am off now so I am going to hit up a few thrift shops and see what I can find. Hopefully someone just cleaned out their house and got rid of some boxes of clothes which had been in the attic since the 70's.

Comment

Pics please
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I found an absolutely hidious outfit; it's perfect. I have a pair of burgundy and black checkered pants, a red-yellow-green flower pattern shirt, and a nasty greenish colored sport coat. I topped it off with a hug pair of aviator glasses and one of those hats that guy wore in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Comment

Oh, and I must say I made sure to buy only polyester blend clothes. Chicks in the 70's would have swooned for me.

Comment

We need pictures.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                      X