High Blood Pressure/Heart Palpitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Blood Pressure/Heart Palpitations

I actually went to the doctor for this... but the palpitations continue. Any poly people want to post their experiences with the above?

Ya know, I hit 40 back in January, and my body has been downhill ever since. Granted the alcohol consumption probably doesn't help... but I'll cut back on that now that my heart is acting weird.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

I have 2 issues - palpitations (which may (or may not) be panic attacks) and arrhythmias (heart flutters, skips a beat, then beats normally). Everyone gets the occasional arrhythmia, but I had a 5-day period where they gradually increased (3 in one day, 5 the next, etc.) till it maxed out with 30+ episodes in one day (freaked me the f*ck out, let me tell you). After that, though, I didn't have one for a long time, and now I'm back to the rare brief arrhythmia every few months.

Still get palpitations every now and then, but I try to relax and ride them out. I pop a Xanax if necessary.

I have gone to the doctor for this, but my EKG has always been normal. During the arrhythmia episode I went to the doctor afterwards, who asked if I wanted a halter monitor, but I declined since the flutters had stopped.

I actually found a message board of people with palpitations, who had gone to doctors who had found nothing. In my case, neither palpitation nor flutters were frequent nor debilitating, and the medical professionals found nothing alarming (I've even had an echocardiogram and stress test), so I just roll with it and try not to let it bother me.

Comment

I get arrythmias sometimes also; not very severe. But get some good exercise in, cut back on the things you should, and don't give yourself to worrying about it.

Comment

I have a functional heart murmur and get really sharp pains and have palpatations as well. It's scary, like it races then skips a beat but I had the necular stress test done and it showed all is well. So I can only assume that it's stress related.

Funny how everything goes south when you hit 40, seems that everything is changing and I have hair growing in places I never knew exsisted!

Get your self checked out and be sure they check your cholestrol levels as well. Do you eat alot of fried food? How is your diet? Do you exercise?
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
          Funny how everything goes south when you hit 40, seems that everything is changing and I have hair growing in places I never knew exsisted!
          That's too true.

This has really freaked me out because both my parents died from heart conditions. At least that prompted me to get to the doctor faster than I probably would have otherwise. My EKG was normal also. The palpitations seem to have stopped today... but I'm still on edge about the whole thing.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I had high blood pressure, but a twice-a-day generic drug and walking two miles a day has helped keep it at reasonable levels. I would do even better if I didn't eat out as much as I do ...

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
              My kid sister passed along a new motto for our generation:

Don't trust any body parts over 30.

Comment

Working...
              X