No announcement yet.

Hey Robbers, dont use Islamic clothes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Robbers, dont use Islamic clothes!

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A man convicted of robbing businesses while wearing traditional Islamic women's clothing that hid his face was sentenced Wednesday to 82 years in prison.

Stanley Skeeters, 30, was convicted in March of the armed robberies of three pizza parlours and a grocery store committed by a burqa-clad gunman.

"Employees were tied up and terrorized, staring at the barrel of a sawed-off shotgun, wondering if they were going to live to see another day," U.S. Attorney Patrick Meehan said.

Skeeters was convicted of conspiracy, interference with interstate commerce by robbery and firearms charges.

His lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
    Do you think it makes a difference in the sentence he got that he was wearing Islamic clothing?
    Then, if I wear a Bush mask I'll just be dismissed? And they'll look for someone else.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

No, it had nothing to do with the sentence. It's only reported for it's uniqueness.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, 82 years, what's the rush?

Comment

If your only advice for people planning an armed robbery is to not wear Islamic clothes...huh?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Oh, I forgot...

Try not to get caught!

Better?

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

No, you left out "don't rob people at gunpoint, ya antisocial douchebag." But other than that, yeah, fine.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Yeah, 82 years, what's the rush?

Where the hell does one get a burka anyway?

Is converting to Islam in a western country grounds for a mental health evaluation?
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Dallas is very integrated. Stores, restaurants, etc. or easily available.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

You say "integrated", I say "hotbed of terrorism".
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What's cool, IMO, is a shopping center here in Richardson called "Little Saigon". To me, that means a lot.

Comment

Clearly we must bomb Dallas. Let's mess with Texas!

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

...Conspiracy? Would that not require other people too?
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                          Is converting to Islam in a western country grounds for a mental health evaluation?
                          My convert friend looks quite sane

At least, as sane as a devout believer can be

You're right!
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            What's cool, IMO, is a shopping center here in Richardson called "Little Saigon". To me, that means a lot.
                            We have one in Arlington, Virginia as well, pretty big place. And they fly a HUGE South Viet Namese flag over it, which I find historically interesting.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                            X