Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone to far I think:

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
      Gone to far I think:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl..._cites_tyranny
      I wouldn't be surprised that he developed that impression when he had a long interview with a team from Der Spiegel (the interview ended up being more like a chat, with Ahmadinejad asking as many questions to the journalists as he answered).

While the jounralist team wanted to interview Ahmadinejad on his nuclear ambitions and his geopolitics, the interview got hijacked for about 2/3 of its duration to be about the holocaust.

It was very strange to see two radically different visions colliding. The Spiegel team was quite German in that regard, with a high holocaust-awareness, and a definitive hostility to revisionism. And Ahmadinejad sounded very naive. It really sounded like it was the first time he got to discuss at length about the issue with Europeans (and not any Europeans, but Germans at that), and that he was discovering a new perspective on the holocaust issue.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Gone to far I think:

Oh, I really, really, really hope he tries reaching out to Japan on the same basis.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
          --"Only an attack on a member nations territory in Europe or North America."

north of the tropic of cancer was the rule i think.
          ah, yes, the old Henry Miller rule

"I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it: we must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and soul. It may be that we are doomed, that there is no hope for us, any of us, but if that is so then let us set up a last agonizing, bloodcurdling howl, a screech of defiance, a war whoop! Away with lamentation! Away with elegies and dirges! Away with biographies and histories, and libraries and museums! Let the dead eat the dead. Let us living ones dance about the rim of the crater, a last expiring dance. But a dance! "
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Gone to far I think:

OMG!!!!!!!! It's the Zimmerman Telegram all over again! They're inviting the jerries to attack American territory. They're probably offering Germany their support for the reconquest of Prussia and Silesia. Oh wait, someone should tell Ahmadinejad that. Hey! They can attack to regain Nebraska and Minnesota!
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
            X