X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian passenger jet crashes in Ukraine

Bad deal.

26 minutes ago

MOSCOW - A Russian passenger jet with 170 people aboard crashed in Ukraine on Tuesday after sending a distress signal, emergency officials said. The Interfax news agency, citing the ministry, said 30 bodies had been found.

The Pulkovo airlines Tupolev 154, en route from the Russian Black Sea resort of Anapa to St. Petersburg, disappeared from radar screens over Ukraine, Emergency Situations Ministry spokeswoman Yulia Stadnikova said.

Minutes later, the ministry said wreckage from the plane was found on the ground.

RIA-Novosti news agency reported that the wreckage was found near the Ukrainian city of Donetsk and said rescuers were at the site.

There were 160 passengers and 10 crew members aboard the jet, Stadnikova said. Pulkovo airlines is based in St. Petersburg.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Not the first. Any reason to suspect sabotage?
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

very sad.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
          Not the first. Any reason to suspect sabotage?
          doubtful. They are saying it may have been hit by lightning.

Aren't planes equipped to be hit by lightning? I admit, I'm not sure how they can be. But surely they are, as most planes have no trouble in t-stroms. I've flown through several myself.

Comment

It is now being reported that there were no survivors.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X