Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not such a wonderful feeling.

Yes, I'm at work...or sort of.

I'm physically here, but not fully. I'm still freakin drunk!

Sigh...It was one of my girlfriends birthday yesterday. Well, until 6 oclock this morning. We had a nice reunion at her house, then, since we were a bit...affected, we decided to go to this club thats really packed on monday nights. So we went, in a limo , a cadillac escalade limo , and at 3 am, we came back, only to go to her house again and continue the freakin party. I went to bed at 6am, got up at 8....

We were 9 people. I'm anxious to see how many of them are as responsible as me and went to work.

So, basically, my thread is to discuss you guys's experience of comin to work still drunk from the night before. Ever happenned to you? Me, it happens often...but as much as this...never happenned before.

People are wondering why I'm so funny and easy going this morning. HA! Not cause I got some yesterday ( cause I always get some ) but because I'm still "affected".

If it were up to me, I'd go right back out again, play some pool or something...or maybe some afterhour or something. But nooooooo, stuck at work. I might even take the day off...but not likely, its not me to do that.

So, you ever got to work messed up?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

sometimes. not very often these days though

but a lot of times on high school trips and uni excursions etc. like every time.

that feeling you have in your body when you wake up early and you're still drunk is pretty damn good sometimes.

that sounded really unhealthy, but yeah... everything is funnier then
    CSPA

Comment

Its getting better now, but I'm starting to get a down...

Losing energy as we speak.

Still 6 hours to go. Not so bad.

I see not many responses. Dont you people party sometimes? Maybe that's why most of you are virgins.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

It's not a pretty story...

Comment

yes, it was my birthday, i had 2 pitchers and 2 shots, pissed myself, woke up late, went into work at 10, drunk.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

drinking NEVER affects my work

at least thats what I say on my applications

you should learn to drink a ton of water before going to bed, or eating bacon... a good hair of the dog is 1/2 a beer, a 6oz can of tomato juice, tobasco sauce, 1 raw egg, salt and pepper, mix slightly and chug.

Also, carbonated beverages like 7up or Tonic help to cure the hang over.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
              It's not a pretty story...
              Please, do tell.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                drinking NEVER affects my work

at least thats what I say on my applications

you should learn to drink a ton of water before going to bed, or eating bacon... a good hair of the dog is 1/2 a beer, a 6oz can of tomato juice, tobasco sauce, 1 raw egg, salt and pepper, mix slightly and chug.

Also, carbonated beverages like 7up or Tonic help to cure the hang over.
                I dont know if its sad or else but, I dont really get hang-overs...I'm like immune now or something. I think its because I drink to much. That's a consequance of being single I think, cause I used to get the worst hang-overs...

Spec.

Comment

Not a good idea to go to work messed up. You might say what you really think. Came back from lunch that way once. Told off a co-worker who so did not understand, then or later. Made a pass at another, who was not flattered that it happened on the job. She turned out to be interested later, but that's a whole other story. Like I say not a good idea.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

9:30 drunk thread? I like it!
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

How many girlfriends do you have?

And I could be like everyone else, and offer anti-hangover advice, or next time do this but...

yeah, sucks dunnit? The day actually does get better, then in a couple of hours it gets worse, then the last two hours, gets better again.
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

better just to phone in sick

Comment

I did a couple times. A lot less than my students thought though (they thought I was pretty much every day).

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Eat squid. I never got hungover if I ate some boiled squid after a night out. Even the nights that were so bad I didn't remember getting home.
                            I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                            New faces...Strange places,
                            Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                            -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

If you don't remember getting home how could you be sure you ate boiled squid?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X