Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Serious Question About Spam

What exactly is it?

I mean isn't it rather subjective. One man's spam is another man's honest thoughts on a subject. It may be only one word such as crap or awesome but does it have to be a drawn out explanation of the topic at hand. IMO the word spam gets thrown about too easily on this site. Can't a man simply use a or about a topic or QFT to express himself without the Spam Patrol crashing down on him like ton of bricks

Although I do draw the line at simply quoting someone without so much as a or
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Re: A Serious Question About Spam

Originally posted by Sprayber
      Although I do draw the line at simply quoting someone without so much as a or
      Why? Can't a man simply use a quote about a topic to express himself without the spam patrol crashing down on him like a ton of bricks?

The line can be hard to draw at times. Though of course, the ultimate answer to the issue is that this is not a democracy, so the line is drawn as the oligarchy pleases.

Comment

This should be an interesting answer....
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

This should be an interesting answer....
          very much so

In response to the OP I would like to begin by offering this definition:

Spam, n. 1) delicious goodness contained within a jelly goodness, generally served with eggs 2) Unwarrented drivle which fills the bowels of cyberspace on any number of the internets without any heed to rhyme, reason, or the point of the topic which being discussed.

With that said, here is a pic of Josie.
          Attached Files
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Spam is in the eye of the beholder. I tend to view random quips as fine (ok I am biased) but posts from people that clearly have not made even the slightest effort to understand what has been posted before as the worst kind of spam.

and are fine in the right context.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Talking about spam as a single generic method of posting, as if it could only be discussed in the vaguest term, is an insult to the nuance and taste that a connoisseur of the art would find palatable to his sensibilities.

It's like lumping EasyCheese in the same category as Stilton.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I see it was moved.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I guess they didn't deem it serious enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      I guess they didn't deem it serious enough.
                      Apparently, the OP's question was the answer he was looking for.

Comment

nice one Japher :P

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah... spam is totally subjective and a matter of opinion. I look at it from an "intent" perspective. And while any assumption on intent is just that, a guess at best, I still think it's the best way to judge spam.

And, since this is a thread about spam...
                              Attached Files
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X