Bush and OTC Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush and OTC Plan B

At a White House press conference this morning, the President was asked by Bill Sammon a reporter from the Washington Examiner about Plan B and his new FDA commissioner who supports its over the counter status. "Mr. President, some pro-life groups are worried that your choice of FDA Commissioner will approve over the counter sales of Plan B, a pill that, they say, essentially can cause early-term abortions," said the reporter. "Do you stand by this choice, and how do you feel about Plan B in general?"

The President replied, "I believe that Plan B ought to be -- ought to require a prescription for minors, is what I believe. And I support Andy's decision."

Andy, as the President referred to him, is the new Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Andrew von Eschenbach. Pro-life groups last week called for von Eschenbach's resignation over his deal with a drug company to make a high-dose of a drug (Plan B, a morning-after pill) available without a prescription to women 18 year of age and older.

Interesting move. While some may say he did it for political reasons (upcoming elections), Bush has a history of picking people whose opinions he respects, even when they are at odds with his own.

The problem here is that the women most likely to need Plan B--those under 18--will not be allowed to purchase it without a rx.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Now if we could only get him to stop sucking off the anti-choice groups when it comes to RU-486. The FDA should be legally required to follow certain standards to prevent such political manipulation when it comes to approving the sale of drugs which are both safe and effective.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Eughhh, who mentioned those three nasty letters (FDA)?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The OP?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
          X