Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am afraid of the flight I have tonight

... because I have double the luggage
    Friday and saturday are weekends herem, post office and the main library have the same opening hours on saturday, so I didn't manage to send the fourth 20kg bag. It was so expensive, and I wouldn't be able to send my cds, films or electronical stuff anyway, that I don't know if I'd do it if I even could.
    I'm flying austrian airlines, perhaps the most expensive option. Yet, it didn't save me troubles. My new bag was destroyed on my way to here, and my flight was cancelled, and even though I finally got my ticket for another one, it is Syrian air, so I expect quite lower standart, and it's like 5x more waiting on Vienna airport.
    Still, that's not enough. I can pay the price they've shown on their webpage, it's actually less than a parcel from Damascus to my city, yet I don't know if it works that way that I can simply come and bring more stuff.
    yet I have only slight overweight of my main baggage, but two heavy, though not grand, bags as my hand luggage. And a couple of maps.
    But I've heard once they charge giant money for exceeding luggage limit, so I tremble in fear and I guess I will only be able to cry if they demand some big money from me.
    My luggage consist partially of stuff I can throw away, I already have thrown away much of my stuff. Yet, it is never nice to throw away something You still can use, even if it is a 10yo shirt. It actually still looks nice
    Not counting my childhood, I have only flew thrice yet, and no-one's ever checked the weight of my hand-luggage or complained at - bigger! - exceeding of my main luggage. Yet, I am scared. Funny that I am not scared of the flight itself, just of this.
    Sorry I'm writing about stuff like this, but, well, I have a couple of hourse left to departure and nothing special to do
    Bye
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

I've never had my handluggage wieghed . In fact on two occations it was suggested I took the heavy stuff from my suitcase to the hand-luggage because I was exeeding the limit .

If all fails, you can allways bribe somebody, you're in Syria for *****-sakes.

Don't forget to pay the exit tax
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I'm at Toronto airport right now, and what a nightmare it is. Torontonians can't run anything worth a damn.

Nightmarish lines everywhere for no good reason.

I bought a bottle of coke at one of the stores here past security...they wouldn't let me keep the bottle? WTF. They had to pour it in a plastic cup for me instead...either way I'm not taking it on the damn plane!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I blame Canada.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

As you should.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This is not a reason to be afraid, though you should be. Of snakes. On the plane.
            I changed my signature

Comment

See you in a week in Berlin.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Snakes eat frogs. Evil ones.
                  Well, one Austrian airline-worker girl told me my hand luggage is too big, but it was OK in the end.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Evil frogs?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                      Well, one Austrian airline-worker girl told me my hand luggage is too big, but it was OK in the end.
                      I met an Austrian girl once, too, and she told me it was too big, but it was OK in the end
                      Last edited by LordShiva; August 20, 2006, 12:26.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Comment

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                          X