Is this art? A naked woman and a dead pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this art? A naked woman and a dead pig

The English really do need to get out moore. . Actually I'm not sure if she's english, but this "exhibit" is taking place in England. It's good to know your tax payers pounds are going to good use.

And as you'd expect. PETA is up in arms about this. I'm actually on PETA's side for once. Mainly because I don't like to associate naked women with dead animals.

This next link, might be a little too much for you younger posters. Shield your eyes.

After pickled sheep, unmade beds and painting with elephant dung, some questioned where modern art could go next. Kira O'Reilly will provide her own answer today by spending four hours naked, hugging a dead pig - at the taxpayer's expense

edit: I see she's Irish.
    yes
    33.33%
    no
    58.33%
    It's only missing a large banana
    8.33%

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

three paragraph rant about the state-supported "modern art"

The definition of "art" in modern society seems to be whatever the viewer wants to be "art". Unfortunately, this definition is the top reason why NONE of the taxpayers money should go to sudsidizing ANYthing which can only be described as "art". In Finland, we had an incident way back in 1988 where a 20-something guy slowly killed a cat with a blunt axe, then masturbated on it, filmed the event and then sent in on public display, now branded as "art".

Much media debate ensued, and finally we uneducated savages got told that whatever raises thoughts among the viewers of the art showed is art by definition (ok for me, I don't care about semantics)... the guy ended up getting a doctorate degree from Helsinki's visual arts academy. His art performance is sometimes displayed to us ordinary proles in our very own Kiasma, Finland's Official, state-funded museum of modern arts... for a moderate fee paid with taxpayers money to him for his artistic capabilities of course

Unreal. ****ing unreal. And nobody cares. And as the years go by, ensuring the functionality of our blessed welfare state naturally requires more and more taxes on consumption so we can pay for this innovative art.

Comment

better than a naked pig and a dead woman
        CSPA

Comment

VJ, that's pretty bizarre. what is this guy's name?
          CSPA

Comment

Teemu Mäki. Check out his CV. He launched an entire career out of his video art described above

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
              Teemu Mäki. Check out his CV. He launched an entire career out of his video art described above
              there's no picture of a guy masturbating on a dead cat in that link is there?

Comment

What are the rules on strokin' it while you watch??

(someone had to ask what was on all our minds)
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I don't get it. I watch myself stroke all the time.

Comment

Re: Is this art? A naked woman and a dead pig

Henry Moore? He was a good sculptor
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's stupid.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Miss Piggy got laid at last!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X