Messenger probs. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messenger probs. Please help!

I can´t connect. I get a error message saying something like Messenger can´t connect to the .NET Messenger Service. I tried shutting down the firewall, but that didn´t help.

Is it something with my XP? ICQ refused to connect also...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Did you run the built in troubleshooter?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

No, I´ll try that and see what it says.

Comment

Damn! I couldn´t even get to the help page from within Messenger... Lousy piece of ****!

Comment

Reinstall.

Come on you ****ing Einsteins. A little help here.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Delete Messenger... get Trillian. Problem solved (apart from the fact you're still relying on M$'s servers). Actually Trillian can handle ICQ as well, so you can get rid of that too.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

My Trillian stopped handling ICQ so I got rid of it and re-installed ICQ, after YEARS.

Comment

Who is seriously stupid enough to ICQ these days? it was good back in the 1990s but it's a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible protocol and program.

I think it's only Euros that use it, everyone else has enough balls to pack up and move on.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

that Euros have no balls line gets a bit dull now. you should rather help me fix my Trillian.

Comment

Trillian is ugly.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

AIM only then? How backwardish

Comment

AIM sucks.

Real men use Jabber/Google Talk (#1) and maybe Windows Live Messenger w/ MessPatch to remove ads.

Comment

Ecthy, which version of Trillian do you have? The latest is v3.1 and every protcol works fine, even Jabber (I have Trillian Pro which allows plugins).

I must admit though, I agree that ICQ is a little backwards. And that AIM/YIM/MSN are crap outright (although I still use them, since others use them).
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Trillian Pro 3.1

Handles ICQ fine.

MSN Messenger is for hippies like Zoid
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              MSN Messenger is for hippies like Zoid
                              Don't forget M$ hippies like Asher.

Comment

Working...
                              X