Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know when to wear 'em, know when to bare 'em...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know when to wear 'em, know when to bare 'em...

Brits.
    Five bucks says Harrison is involved in this fiasco.

Fri Aug 18, 8:33 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Up to 200 strip poker players will compete Saturday to see who will lose their shirts -- and more -- and who will scoop 10,000 pounds by retaining their clothes and modesty.

Organized by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power, the inaugural World Strip Poker Championship takes place at the prestigious Cafe Royal in central London with players battling it out in games of "No Limit Texas Hold 'em."

"We are holding the competition because we got so much interest from our spoof April Fool this year about a strip poker competition that we thought, 'why not? let's do it for real," Paddy Power's Darren Haines told Reuters Friday.

He said players of both sexes from over 12 countries would battle it out for the "Gold Fig Leaf" trophy and the right to revel in the title of World Strip Poker Champion.

Aside from strict rules governing the poker play, Paddy Power has laid down clear guidelines on the stripping element -- most importantly that each player starts the match by wearing five items of clothing supplied by the organizers.

Each contestant will be given a towel to sit on and to cover themselves when naked, but only after they have stripped completely.

"Inappropriate behavior," will not be tolerated, said Paddy Power.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

What's more upsetting is that Dis' home city didn't think of this first ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

yeah. I'm ashamed of my city

Comment

Don't worry, it'll become the hotspot of international strip poker anyway. Just give it a few years
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          yeah. I'm ashamed of my city
          Well, to put it in internet speak, "L0nd0n pwns j00"
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, there you have it. No denial by Harrison.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I was fine, I was wearing 80 jumpers Got a bit stuffy though, mind you
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Your fleas don't count.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                X