Civ II Advisory Council Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ II Advisory Council Advice

Grandpa Troll's post in another thread got me thinking, how many of the sayings from the Civ II Council videos are still stuck in our minds after all these years?

Let's hear'em!

First two pieces of advice though:

1. Post just one at a time
    2. By memory only, please. No cheating!

Ok, here's one,

Happiness Advisor: "Wise men say that only fools run empires without luxuries .. King"

Gimme more soldiers, noble leader, so that we can sheath our swords with the beating hearts of our enemies!

Comment

"Where I come from, we don't fraternize with the enemy, General. ..How about yourself??"

Comment

Do you want to defend our cities with haystacks? Build city walls now, and other improvements later!

Comment

Best idea I've had in years.

"You're lettin' our crack troops go to waste, General. Let's go bonk some heads, Sir!!"

Comment

yea, good one!

Late response (had breakfast meanwhile):

"Let us build market places, so that the peasants can barter for needed goods."

Off to work.

Edit: fixed violation of rule #1
            Last edited by Harovan; August 18, 2006, 02:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              Do you want to defend our cities with haystacks? Build city walls now, and other improvements later!
              "Would that we could wall up your gaping mouth, Platehead!"

(Sorry. )

Comment

"I'm off to Grease my Abacus"
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I have never had this one in game, and I doubt anyone here has; it's the financial advisor in modern times:

"This is you, this is a clue. Get. A. Clue. And RESEARCH TRADE!!!"
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

"Let's go bonk some heads"...an interesting expression
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"When love and wine the life maintain... No complaint, Sire!"

I loved when the fat guy sung that. This time I was usually busy to clean the filth from the map with cavalries. I rarely waited for howitzers.

Comment

"You're Einstein, sir, I mean you are the E to be MC². We're number one in sciiiieeeeeence"

Comment

[drunken signing] - military advisor during a war you were winning.

edit: ****e, SR beat me to it, with the lyrics, even.

That was prolly my favorite. That, and an Elvis one I can't quite seem to remember.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"We're rich, sire, rich Rich RICH!"

Comment

D'oh! I can't remember what the foreign advisor said exactly about trading techs (and this when I was "#1 in science"), but I liked it when all the others would say,

"I disagree, sire."

Edit: Drunken military advisor.
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                              X