Polytubbies Perception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytubbies Perception

It's often been said by many Polytubbies that I know in person that when you meet another Polytubby they aren't what you expect based on their posts.

For example, Provost Harrison claims to be a communist, yet he has quite right wing tendencies (such as kill all chavs). Ecthy appears very much a typical East German yet he has a sense of humour par excellence - he even gets my awful puns.

So, without being cruel to your fellow Polytubbies, how have your perceptions been proven wrong by meeting them in the flesh? And, of those you haven't met, who do you think would shatter your illusions.

Personally, I want to meet Dis, he is the top of my list of must meet Polytubbies.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

awww thanks.

I never known Provost to be a communist.

Etchy is alright. Though sometimes I can't tell if he's joking or being serious. I've pretty much going to assume he's joking.

Comment

Oh, and who thinks I'm actually English, as opposed to an Aussie living in England? (or, perhaps, vice versa)

Comment

Dis, you da man!

Comment

I have formed images of some of the folk here based on their methods of expression and their avatars. I too would like to meet Dis, among others of course (Lorizael, Ming, Arrian, many mor).
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I thought you lived on christmas island.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
              Oh, and who thinks I'm actually English, as opposed to an Aussie living in England? (or, perhaps, vice versa)
              You always make me wonder who you were "back in the days". I really can't remember any Dauphin on this forum 5 years ago.

As for perceptions proven wrong, can't really remember how I perceived others before I met them, although I did TCO to be more physically imposing.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yeah, changing my handle cost me in the hall of fame stakes.

Big Crunch isn't even my oldest handle.

Comment

When I saw you first, you were Sagacious Dolphin. I'm not sure if this is your oldest handle, though.

Comment

I only met PH, Snotty, you, Dauphin and Ecthy. I hadn't really a clue what to expect from you guys maybe except Ecthy which was pretty much as I thought he'd be.
                    Blah

Comment

Will you come to the meeting Saturday next week?

Comment

Yup, I was just too lazy to post in the meeting thread so far
                        Blah

Comment

I wonder, what would be "typically East German" about me?

Comment

I'm much more personable in person.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm not overweight and don't smoke a cigar, as one of the D.C. posters imagined before our meet last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X