Two idiots collide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    Gee, when I saw the thread title I was expecting one of his autobiographical tales of woe.
    My first inclination upon seeing the thread title was to post, without reading the OP, "So who'd you run into?"
    Last edited by Lorizael; August 17, 2006, 16:40.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I thought it was a spin-off thread, and that there'd be a link to the original in the OP.

Comment

here's the link to the original

Monkey!!!

Comment

Normally I won't poke fun at a poster, but it was so hard to pass up a straight line like that.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            Normally I won't poke fun at a poster, but it was so hard to pass up a straight line like that.
            Well, as Moderator down at our little CTP area here, I would say maybe your Ferret made ya do it

After all, you seem far too decent a fellow to be accused of being mean
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

rah,

anyway yeah.. you can youtube it too, when I have time I'll post the link myself ...

Anyway my point was, he had 0 craft in his debate against o'reilly. Basically, Bill takes an issue, spins it around and gives you the wrong questions and basically tries to grab on anything he can and basically fight for a stalemate even if in real world he is losing so bad.

But man.. Moore had the same strategy! It was pathetic, and he was worse in it than Bill. They were arguing about semantics, I mean Bill was arguing about semantics, and Moore couldn't get pass it. IT was like, dude, you seriously have no arguments in you pass this? If someone turns few words around and makes it look something else, you can't get around that and attack with other arguments? So basically it comes down to semantics then, because both have weak base for their whole big idea.

Moore didn't even follow the rules of a debate, in which case he shoudl have won, but he didn't, so ... and he had time to try other routes, but no. He was going for populism, which is ok if you're running for the congress or something, but when you're 1-on-1 in a debate, man, issues are fighting issues, not personalities. So that's where the true weights are measured. And even though he is huge and keeps the poor children of the world hungry, he is lightweight.. a true LW.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

And Bill gave him a LOT too, Bill was like yeah there were no WMDs, he even went as far as to say he thinks it was a mistake, the Iraq thing. And still Moore can't win. How big of a head start he needs to come on top?

It was the first time I saw Moore debating someone in a debate situation.. what a sad sight.

Nothing but a populist. And it's ok to be populist but you have to back it up. Moore couldn't. He choked. He's a choker. He has no strong case. Just films. He looked stupid, and it was unedited too.

For example... when John Stewart went to crossfire, he kicked ass. He mauled his opponents so badly, that even their home crowd came on John's side, and he was fighting 2 guys! He basically pwned them so hard it was ... a spectacle.

So here's a guy who can back it up. But then again he IS smart, even if you disagree with him. And Moore was given a huge head start... what a lack luster..
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

MOORE VS. STEWART. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    here's the link to the original

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=156174
                    That was awesome
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                      Yeah, maybe, but Moore is on our my side
                      Corrected. If I personally had to choose between those two idiots, I'd pick Bill.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

That was awesome
                        glad you caught the reference

it's what I like to call "a passive burn"
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Corrected. If I personally had to choose between those two idiots, I'd pick Bill.
                          If you ignore Bowling for Columbine like I do, I think Michael Moore becomes a lot more respectable.

Besides, we know that Bill O'Reilly is not just a right-wing hack but a sexual pervert as well.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                          X