Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Israeli soldiers that were captured prior to the war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Israeli soldiers that were captured prior to the war?

Obviously their capturing was not the cause of the campaign but it triggered events and their liberation was one of the official goals of the Israeli offensive.

Now that the war has come to a stalemate, what happened to these guys? I have three theories:

1. They're still held captive, as are so many other Israeli soldiers. Noone talks about it in public, the media are stupid.

2. They got killed and all parties agreed not to make a big deal out of it to give teh pace change or something.

3. They were released and it was big in the news but all of us got brainwashed afterwards.

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Comment

4. They were made up, people never check these things anyway.
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Is there any official information available about who those two guys were, anyway? If not names, then maybe specifications regarding their military division, rank, age, gender, home town or something.

Comment

You two probably believe in the Protocols also

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              You two probably believe in the Protocols also
              I think you're reading something into my post that's really not there.

Comment

They have been handed back.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Have they? I was wondering this same question.

As for pic, read. 1999?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                    Is there any official information available about who those two guys were, anyway? If not names, then maybe specifications regarding their military division, rank, age, gender, home town or something.

Eldad Regev, 26, of Kiryat Motzkin
                    and Ehud Goldwasser, 31, of Nahariya
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Al'Kimiya
                      4. They were made up, people never check these things anyway.
                      5. Al'Kimiya is a loon.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                        Eldad Regev, 26, of Kiryat Motzkin
                        and Ehud Goldwasser, 31, of Nahariya
                        Great to know that Mr Ben Gurion, and what happened to them?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Have they? I was wondering this same question.

As for pic, read. 1999?
                          Paris catacombs holiday snaps.

Comment

What is she grinning about?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

Great to know that Mr Ben Gurion, and what happened to them?
                              My understanding is they havent been released. UNSC 1701 calls for their release, and then asks Israel to consider the release of Leb prisoners, avoiding a direct linkage to save face for Israel, but winking at an exchange. IIUC there is already a quiet discussion about an exchange. Israel would be happy to give some Hezbies captured DURING the war in exchange - thats probably a non-starter. They would be willing, though not thrilled, to give up a reasonable number of prisoners 'without blood on their hands' Hezb is probably going to ask for either A. Thousands of prisoners or B. Guys who were actual murderers.

At that point Israel may have to go back to the international community and suggest that UNSC 1701 is not being followed, and theres a problem. How effective that is will depend on the willpower shown by the international community.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X