Must See Keith Olbermann video on Terror Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must See Keith Olbermann video on Terror Politics

This is a very interesting and hard hitting news report done by Keith Olbermann and shown on the network MS/NBC detailing how the administration has been using Department of Homeland Security terror warning levels along with other claims of terror warnings for partisan political gain. It shows completely naked fradulent claims which the administration again and again uses to attempt to get a bump in the polls and/or to attempt to knock news stories it doesn't like off of the front page.

It is a great video.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

This is what passes as "hard hitting" in the USA?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sadly, YES.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Saddest of all was the sacrificing of Colin Powell's credibility and career to the Bush administration's machinations.

The insult to the intelligence of the American public would be extreme if only it didn't work so damnably well. That's what's depressing.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Perhaps the administration is not insulting our intelligence. Maybe we are, as a people, that dumb. I hope not, but these tactics do seem to work.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Well, I'm insulted.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It does seem to work though. When ever embarrasing news hits you just trump up some vague threat about impending terrorism and voila. The embarrasing news goes away or at least gets buried on some back page.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm not terribly convinced by the video. Some of them are very likely true, such as the announcement of Jose Padilla's arrest the day after very damaging testimony in front of Congress, for example, but some of the other stuff I think was just stretching.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Republikaner borde straffknullas. Tacka vet jag rojalister...
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Drunk pseudo-Liberals who should've passed out by now

Comment

Ta en Gammeldansk och var som folk!
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                        Perhaps the administration is not insulting our intelligence. Maybe we are, as a people, that dumb.
                        Bingo!
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          Drunk pseudo-Liberals who should've passed out by now
                          Pseudo-liberals? He's a ****ing conservative and he hates Commies FFS!
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's where the pseudo part comes in. I'd say he's a pseudo-Conservative as well, by the way. But a bon fide Swede for sure.

Comment

The only time I watch cable news nowdays is to see Olberman. I'm sick of right-wing blowhards like Scarborough and Imus, and ass kissers like Wolf Blitzer.

Comment

Working...
                              X