No announcement yet.

Hard Cider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no mention of rotting meat in Wiki.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I actually have 6 cases of this stuff aging under my stairway as we speak. I'm afraid I was a little late in bottling it so the rotting meat sat in it for longer then called for but so far it is fairly drinkable. When it was first bottled it smelled like rancid moose piss but I tried a bottle after 6 months of aging and I was pleasantly surprised though it still had several rough edges.

The one year of aging will be completed in the begining of November so I'm looking forward to trying it.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        There's no mention of rotting meat in Wiki.
        Wiki knows nothing. Traditionally, any rats killed around the farm would be thrown in the vats, although the most legendary batch to come out of the Oakhill brewery (the most famous scrumpy source) did turn out to have a cat's skeleton at the bottom.

In more refined times, they'd just lob in a pork or lamb chop.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

i think i'll stick with American cider, then
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              When it was first bottled it smelled like rancid moose piss
              So you thought you might have brewed Budweiser by accident?
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Funny. As if Budweiser has a smell. Or a taste.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I do often refer to it as camel piss, but you've got a point... it doesn't actually taste like anything, really.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Chicken.
                    I love chicken, I just prefer it not to be rotting. thats all. And generally I prefer it in soup, not in cold drinks.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Don't worry. It is filtered well before bottle so all rotting animal flesh is removed.

That said I have way more scrumpy then I will ever be able to drink. I may offer to share it with the bold and the daring after it is done aging.

Comment

Working...
                      X