Reutersgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reutersgate

Do we have no thread on this? Or did I miss it. . Apparantly the media is publishing false pictures. Although I suppose this isn't really news. But it should be. Why do we have to accept biased media like this?

Breaking news about Satellite from The Jerusalem Post. Read the latest updates on Satellite including articles, videos, opinions and more.

Yeah I know, this article is from a newspaper that is probably biased as well. Either left or right, they are all ****ed up.

Yeah, it's a messed up world - soon we probably can't even trust what we find on the web
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Maybe she just lost several homes
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

This flash video sums up some of the more flagrant cases pretty well, for anyone interested.

(Yeah yeah yeah I know aish.com isn't a damn paragon of objectivity itself, but the photos speak for themselves.)
        Last edited by Darius871; August 12, 2006, 14:55.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Rathergate was a bigger scalp for the bloggers, but LGF at least gets a feather in its cap for this. It demonstrates the need for a critical eye from all readers. Over the last 3 or 4 years, the mainstream media has been taking a big credibility hit, but not only because of the increased scrutiny of bloggers.

I think that the journalism business is very fast paced and some journalists cut corners in order to make it work for them. It's good that this stuff is being exposed.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

@ the OP article:

That photograph, which was discovered by blogger Rusty Shackleford of The Jawa Report, included an illustrated account of how the photos had been doctored.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

This has been going on for like the last five years during all the wars, for and against all the sides. Yeah, you can't trust pictures anymore, most of us realised it a while ago. Nothing new here.

Comment

I don't need pictures to tell me 1000+ Lebanese civilians killed is disproportionate response.

The staging of props is dishonest.
                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

The guy who did this:

1) Sucks at Photoshop
                  2) Didn't succeed to improve the dramatics of the pictures very much
                  3) Was fired from Reuters after beeing busted

No big deal.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

3) Was fired from Reuters after beeing busted

No big deal.
                    qft
                    Pentagenesis for Civ III
                    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X