Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen the new release World Trade Center movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen the new release World Trade Center movie?

I went and saw World Trade Center and it was a very touching movie. It didnt focus on a lot of political or Terrorism focus, but rather how the lives of several familes intertwined and the saving of two Port Authority Police Offices.

I hope all whom view it enjoy it, it is very touching and for those who lost loved ones, a time to remember them in our thoughts and prayers.

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Here is an additional LINK for anyone interested.

Very sad a thought provoking movie, one of Oliver Stones Best

Comment

The real guys - Will Jimeno and John McLoughlin on the set of "World Trade Center."
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch anything in re: 9/11 as entertainment.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          I don't think I'll ever be able to watch anything in re: 9/11 as entertainment.
          Ill agree that it is hard to label as entertaining but to me it was because of the way it was told and how real people touched real people, not in a negative way as in the acts of terrorism but as in the re-action to events that they were thrust front and center on

I still have the copy of the two French Film makers who were doing a documentary about I believe 80 days in the life of a Probationary Firefighter, and had actual footage being shot the day this took place and it showed actual footage from within the towers as they fell.

Very emotional and heart wrenching

Gramps

Comment

It looks stupid. I'm not going to see it.

If it wasn't 9-11, it would just be another crappy disaster movie and nobody would pay any attention to it.

But people can't be objective about the movie, it's all about the emotions and the story of 9-11... blah blah blah.

And another thing that is pissing me off, a lot of people seem obsessed with 9-11... people with no connection to it whatsoever. They feel the need to constantly view the imagery and get sucked into the emotions of it. That is more disturbing than anything else. It's almost like a cult.

It's really a shame, too. Those firefighters are heroes but yet, their story is now diminished by the fact that a mediocre Hollywood flick has been made about their experience. And lots of people are going to make a lot of money off of it too.

Nothing like profiting off of 9-11, eh?

It makes me sick.

I'd call for a boycott of this movie, but I'm too lazy, and too many morons wouldn't understand my reasons for doing so.

So whatever, I'm going to see Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              It looks stupid. I'm not going to see it.
              Oh, I was asking if anyone had seen it, I understand if you have no connection to the 9-1-1, I do Sava.

I am not trolling you, but if you dont, doesnt mean others are the same way. Many of us have a very close connection to this day and events.

The film, by the way, doesnt shed any negative light on firefighters, from what i saw

Gramps

Comment

What people in this country or on this planet have no connection to 9/11. Maybe some rainforest tribesmen, but anyone with a tv was there that day. When Chirac said, "Today, we are all Americans," it wasn't just a platitude. Anyone with a soul (accpting that I don't believe in souls as I'm an atheist, but just go with the metphor) felt the same thing the people who were there felt: horror and terror and grief.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  What people in this country or on this planet have no connection to 9/11.
                  By connection, I mean direct connection.

Sure, just about everyone saw it on TV. But by your logic, people could then claim to have "connections" to any tragic event they witness on television that happens across the world.

Yes, 9-11 was horrible and tragic, but I'm sorry, it is just an insane phenomenon that I cannot understand. How are the events of 9-11 any different, from say, the Oklahoma City bombings? Just because it was a significant landmark and more people died?

Witnessing the events on TV is what really did it. It put everyone there. And for some reason, there is an obsession with having to be right there as it happens. But why?

I was watching CNN live when the second plane hit. I saw it happen then. I don't need to relive it. And I watched it happen over and over again that day.

I think a lot of people have some sort of sick desire to feel that pain and tragedy. It's sadism if you ask me.

And this is completely different from going to the movies and enjoying a movie that has fake-violence.

But whatever, if people want to go see this movie, go ahead. I'm just calling it like I see it.

And one thing GT, if you have such a close connection to 9-11, why do you want to relive that day and those emotions? My grandfather lived through some of the most awful stuff imaginable during WW2. He was one of 5 to escape a massacre of 5,000 people at the town of Kragujevic where the Nazis shot his whole town after making everyone dig their own graves. He survived by hiding under dead bodies and playing dead, then running through the woods covered in blood for days without food until he found some of the partisans and was able to join with them. He has just started to talk about that experience, let alone want to watch movies like Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers which I think are pretty realistic portrayals of the war.

Maybe you can explain this desire to relive that tragedy to me. I don't understand it.

I can't speak for you, but a lot of the people I see who talk about this movie are people who really don't have any connection to 9-11, but just want to experience those emotions because they want to have that connection. Perhaps they think that feeling that tragedy will bring them closer and thus give them some sort of "9-11 cred". I don't know.

Personally, I think it's bad for the country to constantly be thinking about 9-11 and the emotions of that day. It causes us to not think clearly and objectively about the challenges that lie ahead and the problems associated with terrorism that we still have to deal with. People want to still act based upon those emotions and they don't think objectively about the problems we face as a nation.

Part of dealing with tragedy is accepting it and moving on. And I don't think America has done that yet. Reliving the events of 9-11 is just like someone who has lost a loved one, but still sits around watching old videotapes, years after they've passed.

It's time to put the past behind us and move on. I'm not saying forget... we should never forget. But we shouldn't obsess about it. This obsession is unhealthy, and IMO, dangerous because it is affecting how many people feel about what we should do in the future.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava you need to chill out. These people are profiting on 9/11 the same way every television show and author has profited off it...why not complain about them too, while you're at it.

That said, i'd be interested in knowing if the movie is any good, as United 93 was. see united 93 was useful to me because it dramatized the 9/11 commission report and was almost educational. if this new movie is just typical emotionally driven , over-the -top, poorly made hollywood BS, then i'd pass.

Comment

Sava, again, not trolling you, but you have your views and I have mine, I dont chose to "relive" the agony and pain, I chose to remember the sacrifices and yes it is a "depiction" but I dont feel you would be anymore interested in hearing why, so I shall not, because I am referring to seeing the movie and yes i did and yes I enjoyed it because some good did come from this tragedy Sava.

I dont want to talk about personal tragedies to you Sava, for you have spoken volumes about your feelings in dealing with them. I dont hate you, nor do I disagree with your right to have them, I just feel you wouldnt understand if you hadnt had a more personal connection. Many people dont.

Just sharing is all sir.

Grandpa Troll

Comment

I.. agree.. with Sava

Sava
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          I.. agree.. with Sava

Sava
                          I couldnt help but notice your signature and your comment and thought the two might coincide?

Comment

Sava I don't think you appreciate how much 9-11 has influenced the world.

And there is really no difference between a real disaster movie and a fake disaster movie except that the scripts already more than half written in a real one.

And I'm not gonna see this for the same reason I don't see most disaster movies. They're filled with stuff I don't appreciate in movies.

Comment

I'm just happy that Oliver Stone didn't made conspiracy theory flick of it.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X