A little dishonesty in my life.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little dishonesty in my life.....

from ASI. ASI stands for Audience Studies Inc.

So here is the story....

I get a call a couple of days ago, telling me they are doing a new show, and they want feedback on it. They say they will send me a vhs tape, and a questionairre packet. I thought it would be fun to actually have a say what would be on TV, so I agreed.

Got the tape today, and finally started to watch it.

Right off the bat, something was wrong. For one, the Sitcom was called 'Dads", and was as pretentious as the title. But the "loser young divorced dad" was wearing a tshirt, with open flannel, a la 1997. There was a full-house-esque guitar riff between scenes, and Rue Mclanahan (A la Golden Girls) lookd about 10 years younger than she should.

Then one of the dad's beeper went off. BEEPER? WHO THE **** USES A BEEPER ANYMORE?

I watched for about 3 more minutes, but I was pissed. They wanted me to give feedback on the commercials, not the show. The show was rejected by ABC or CBS or NBC many years ago.

So I looked it up, and sho' nuff, little dishonest trick.

ribarambles.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ribarambles.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

In my Physics lab everyone has beepers..

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Many doctors have beepers. They don't want to hassle with cell phones during surgery or rounds. Could you imagine trying to reply to a cell phone call during a colonoscopy?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

weird
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: A little dishonesty in my life.....

[My emphasis]
          Originally posted by NeOmega
          They say they will send me a vhs tape
          This was when the alarm bells should've gone off...

Comment

Re: Re: A little dishonesty in my life.....

Originally posted by Zopperoni
            [My emphasis]

This was when the alarm bells should've gone off...
            better than them sending you are beta max tape.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

It was a vhs tape, because it was self-erasing... only playable once.

Now I have a new refrigerator magnet.
                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

What does a VHS-produces magnet look like?

Comment

small but powerful
                    Pentagenesis for Civ III
                    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      Many doctors have beepers. They don't want to hassle with cell phones during surgery or rounds. Could you imagine trying to reply to a cell phone call during a colonoscopy?
                      Couldn't they just put them in their locker during surgery? It's not like they will be able to respond to their beepers during surgery either.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Just out of curiosity...

How were they going to get your feedback on the commericials, when they were asking you for feedback on the show??

Comment

they have a packet they sent, that says they give away 50 $100 prizes every month if you turn it in.

I am going to try and record tomorrows interview, for a friends podcast... I think I might be able to have a little fun with this. It is rare to know you are going to get a dishonest telemarketer/surveyor, and from poking around on the net, I know what most of the questions will be like.

Pentagenesis for Civ III
                          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            ... Could you imagine trying to reply to a cell phone call during a colonoscopy?
                            Yea honey I'd really like to talk, but I'm having a colonoscopy right now.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                            X