Best Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Router

Anybody, have any suggestions for a wireless router under 60$. I'm looking for something that includes WPA too.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

We used a hard wired Belkin, but here's wireless ratings,

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I was thinking this one
      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Linksys is supposed to be good.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

D-Link FTW

Comment

I was thinking of buying the same one, flash. But I probably won't use the wireless. I figure the wired and wireless routers are about the same price, so why not buy a wireless model, just in case.

The device I plan to use with it, a Squeezebox, can be used wirelessly, but it seems you get better results if you use a good old ethernet wire.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Until my recent power surge disaster I had a belkin wireless router and it worked fine.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

cool nostromo, I seem to find conflicting results on whether or not that models offers WPA, which is a big reason why I want a new router. I plan to use mine on my 360 and notebook.

Verto, I have a D-link 524 and it drops my wireless connection about every 30 mins, so no more dlinks for me.

Comment

I've never found a good router, they all suck in different ways.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wireless suck. I gave up and have a wire running. Screw it.

Comment

Unless I can get my parents to pay for an extra cable line ran to my notebook in my room I'll have to stick with wireless.

Comment

what is a router? Is that a connector that allows multiple computer hook ups to the same line?

Comment

yes

Comment

router - converts packaging between different protocols, such as Ethernet and IP.

switch (or hub) - allows multiple computers to hook up to the same line

access point - kinda like a switch, but for wireless connections
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Router - provides connectivity between networks

Hub - provides connectivity within networks

Switch - someone who participates in BDSM activities as both a top and a bottom or dominant and submissive.
                              I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X