"Complex" plot of blow up UK airlines foiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistani intelligence helped British security agencies crack a terrorist
    cracking terrists

terrist cracks
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm glad they caught the terrorists.

Unfortunately, it looks now like we have ****ing paranoid idiots reacting to it, boosting fear instead of providing security.

The upshot is it's now been banned, the carrying on of any liquids, from some airports.

****ing retards.

What's worse is that there are apparently receptacles for the dumping of liquids now. Which is all fine and dandy, except for the fact that some of these explosives could be binary; other noxious chemicals could form from reactions within the receptacle. Do we have idiots running the TSA or something? (I know that's an own goal question.)

I can't wait for the day some terrorist decides to stick an explosive up his ass, and in the interest of security, we're all forced to submit to a cavity search before boarding a plane.

Frankly, if this is to allay the fear of asshats who don't understand the concept of statistics and the sheer unlikelihood of getting killed in a terrorist attack, they shouldn't ****ing fly on planes. Get them off my jets. I'm sure the much higher rate of motorway deaths will take care of them more elegantly, while providing them with an education on odds.
      B♭3

Comment

Yeah, seems like the terrorists have won, without killing a single person
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Yeah, seems like the terrorists have won, without killing a single person
          because you can't bring your shampoo on a plane the terrorists have won.

MAYBE IF YOU knew anything about what you are talking about, you would realize that this is a major victory, in part because there are now even FEWER ways to bring down an american jet. they tried box cutters, and we realized it a little late but now NO BOX CUTTER will take down another US plane. They try liquid explosives, we find out on time and now there is no more threat from liquid explosives.

if they keep trying eventually air travel will be entirely safe

AND BTW, to the idiot who talked about "what are the odds they're going to hit me when i'm on a plane...terrorist attacks kill fewer people than car wrecks..etc" , perhaps you should learn about the economic and political impact of 9/11, you seemed to have ****ing missed it dumbass

Comment

This must be the biggest paranoia attack we've had since people were buying up duct tape after 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
              I'm glad they caught the terrorists.

Unfortunately, it looks now like we have ****ing paranoid idiots reacting to it, boosting fear instead of providing security.

The upshot is it's now been banned, the carrying on of any liquids, from some airports.

****ing retards.

What's worse is that there are apparently receptacles for the dumping of liquids now. Which is all fine and dandy, except for the fact that some of these explosives could be binary; other noxious chemicals could form from reactions within the receptacle. Do we have idiots running the TSA or something? (I know that's an own goal question.)

I can't wait for the day some terrorist decides to stick an explosive up his ass, and in the interest of security, we're all forced to submit to a cavity search before boarding a plane.

Frankly, if this is to allay the fear of asshats who don't understand the concept of statistics and the sheer unlikelihood of getting killed in a terrorist attack, they shouldn't ****ing fly on planes. Get them off my jets. I'm sure the much higher rate of motorway deaths will take care of them more elegantly, while providing them with an education on odds.
              QFT

Comment

I so knew that was coming
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you can still check the liquids at virtually every airport, Q-Cubed-Dumbass, so don't piss your pants just yet over this

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

QFT
                    Thanks, reading that entire post with your 3 letter hip internet abbreviation was absolutlely not a waste of space in any way whatsoever

Comment

Wiglaf is on fire today
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

... american jet ...
                        Nice to see how your caring has its limits
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I never bring shampoo, they have that at the hotels. But now you can't even bring a mobile phone or a briefcase with some note paper.

MAYBE IF YOU knew anything about what you are talking about, you would realize that this is a major victory, in part because there are now even FEWER ways to bring down an american jet. they tried box cutters, and we realized it a little late but now NO BOX CUTTER will take down another US plane. They try liquid explosives, we find out on time and now there is no more threat from liquid explosives.
                          Why didn't they introduce these rules when they cought the first guys trying the same, 11 years ago? I've been warning about the possibility of this kind of attack the last 5 years.

Looking for box cutters is obsolete, as box cutters could only be used successfully in combination with surprise and ruthlessness. The surprise effect was lost forever in 2001, and ruthlessness could be used with any light weapon: glass bottles, pencils or bare hands. But the surprise is lost with ANY weapon. No hijacked passenger will sit idle like a lamb to slaughter ever again.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

Nice to see how your caring has its limits
                            QFT LOLZ LOLZ

Comment

You're right. It is a major victory.

A mother can no longer carry pre-made formula milk onto the plane.

Why? Because people are afraid of liquids. They are terrorized, terrified of fluids, and because of that, that ****ing baby is going to be crying a lot more often on those flights.

if they keep trying eventually air travel will be entirely safe
                              If we put everyone in straitjackets, and give them padded cells in airplanes, air travel will be entirely safe too.

AND BTW, to the idiot who talked about "what are the odds they're going to hit me when i'm on a plane...terrorist attacks kill fewer people than car wrecks..etc" , perhaps you should learn about the economic and political impact of 9/11, you seemed to have ****ing missed it dumbass
                              Just because I'm unfazed and refuse to be cowed by the attacks on our way of life, because I refuse to buy into the fearmongering and panicky rhetoric of the administration and the idiotic overreaction of mob intelligence, that makes me a dumbass?

I'm well aware of the economic and political impact of 9/11. Don't be condescending. I'm well aware that five of the seven major American carriers are now in bankruptcy protection due to the twin factors of high fuel costs and the American public being too chicken**** about flying since 9/11.

I'm sorry that I refuse to be terrorized by every single terrorist action. I'm sorry that I can't truly agree that "9/11 changed everything". Maybe that makes me unpatriotic.

I like to think that it shows that I have some modicum of courage as well as at least some brains.

===

you can still check the liquids at virtually every airport, Q-Cubed-Dumbass, so don't piss your pants just yet over this
                              Actually, if I pissed my pants, after they collected it and disposed of it for being potentially harmful, I'd probably be ushered to the front of the line on account of being disabled and incontinent.
                              B♭3

Comment

I never bring shampoo, they have that at the hotels. But now you can't even bring a mobile phone or a briefcase with some note paper.
                                depends on where you are. you can check this stuff, just NOT carry it on, which makes sense.

Why didn't they introduce these rules when they cought the first guys trying the same, 11 years ago? I've been warning about the possibility of this kind of attack the last 5 years.
                                they should have introduced this years ago , but they have done it now, so it's a victory.

but you still have whiners complaining about "paranoia" . unbelievable..

Comment

Working...
                                X