Bizzare computer problem, keyboard acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizzare computer problem, keyboard acting up

I have a really wierd problem with my computer. Some of the keys on my keyboard, don't work. This is a new keyboard, exact same keyboard as my old one, has to be some wierd software issue. This includes all the number keysand their shift equivelents as well as the end key. Hitting on my keyboard acts as home and acts as end. None of the other keypad numbers work. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Vesayen; August 9, 2006, 08:54.

And I thought this would be a funny thread with you posting lots of letter gibberish and excusing it with an "acting up" keyboard.

Comment

Numlock?

Comment

....numlock key was jammed :/ That fixes my keypad problems. However my home, end, delete key and all my other number keys except 5 and 6 still do not work.

Comment

Maybe they're jammed?

Comment

Nope. I tried removing them, they are not-the numlock key being jammed was a fluke.

Is there any way to check the mappings on my keyboard, maybe some of them somehow got unmapped.

Comment

I just removed my keyboard, rebooted in safe mode, reinstalled the drivers.... problem persists.

Comment

A new keyboard cost $10.

Comment

My keyboard is not broken. I just got a new one.

Comment

Right. The new one is broken. Got another new one.

Comment

@Ves

Comment

Well I was going to suggest you get it replaced...but it looks like you have finally figured that out...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

not sure if this is the right place to put this, but **** connecticut for ****ing over joe liebermann.

Comment

Well, I think now that V's problem has solved itself, this has turned into the right place for just anything

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X