No announcement yet.

Apple WWDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For gaming, I don't think it's debatable. You'd get 4x the performance spending $20 more...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My new machine is only $1700ish. And it's a laptop.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I agree with Wiglaf, for as long as I can remember, Apple has always made their Mac's the "media machine".

I've been a graphic designer since I was about 12, and since the Amiga 500 (Deluxe Paint ruled back then) to the PC, it has always overwhelmed the pathetic Mac and its try-hard software.

When I walk into a printing house to check on a job I've done, what do I see on everyone's desk? Mac's, everywhere. I have a little laugh inside myself.
        be free

Comment

A 7300 in a workstation is ludicrous. You'd need to rip it out and add a FireGL or a Quadro, and then you've ended up spending more than you would have for a better Dell or HP workstation.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Four score and 7 years ago, Apple had much better color calibration technology that was important for media work. That doesn't exist anymore, but the userbase remains.

Similarly, when one wants to do real work instead of drawing pretty little pictures, one uses Windows.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              A 7300 in a workstation is ludicrous. You'd need to rip it out and add a FireGL or a Quadro, and then you've ended up spending more than you would have for a better Dell or HP workstation.
              Yep.

It's a bit like buying a sportscar and then having 12" steel rims on it...

Comment

Working...
              X