Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna lend a hand?

Charity wants people to lend a hand... Fri Aug 4, 1:59 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Hundreds of Britons are being urged to attend what is being branded as Europe's first "Masturbate-a-thon," a leading British reproductive healthcare charity said Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Marie Stopes International, which is hosting the event with HIV/ AIDS charity the Terrence Higgins Trust, said it expected up to 200 people to attend the sponsored masturbation session in Clerkenwell, central London, Saturday.

"It is a bit of a publicity stunt but we hope it will raise awareness," a Marie Stopes spokeswoman told Reuters.

"We want to get people talking about safer sex, masturbation and to lift taboos."

Participants, who have to be over 18, can bring any aids they need and can take part in four different rooms -- a comfort area, a mixed area, along with men and women only areas.

However, the rules on the event's Web site states there can be no touching of other participants nor are people allowed to fake orgasms.

"The amount you raise will be determined by how many minutes you masturbate and/or how many orgasms you achieve," the Web site said.

The Marie Stopes spokeswoman said local religious groups had been initially outraged, but after people had heard what the event was about, most had approved it.

Police had also given it their approval.

Similar events have been staged in San Francisco for the last six years raising $25,000 for women's health initiatives and HIV prevention. If successful, Marie Stopes said it could take place elsewhere in mainland Europe next year.
    Wow. That beats Jerry Lewis.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Hehe, he said beat.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wonder if there's a spectator area?
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I understand the're looking for a janitor. Any takers?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I hadn't noticed that Monty Python had reunited.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Great thread title.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was gonna say, wasn't there already a thread on this, but then I remembered, it was another forum.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                I was gonna say, wasn't there already a thread on this, but then I remembered, it was another forum.
                What ??? Another forum - renegade
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I just saw it on MZO...

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                  X