Old-fart-actors you like in movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-fart-actors you like in movies

After all those heavy threads about nuclear bombs, ME and HRE I think it's time for something lighter.....

So which are your favourite - now old - guys in the movies? Teh Morgan Freeman? Clint Eastwood? I guess Schwarzenegger would qualify as "old" now too.

What about those Brits - Ian McKellen, also Patrick Stewart isn't exactly young anymore.

Some I guys I like but hardly seem to be in newer movies anymore: Donald Sutherland, Jack Bauer's dad. And Gene Hackman.
    Blah

I liked all of the 4 old farts in Space Cowboys a lot. Al Pacino, Sean Connery and Bill Murray are terrific as well.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Steve Martin, does he age? He's my favorite 60+ actor right now... Chevy Chase is good too

A lot of good comics are making it through their 50s... which is excellent now that Bob Hope and George Burns are dead.

Eastwood is a better director now, IMO. Sean Connery, somehow, manages to play action roles...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
        After all those heavy threads about nuclear bombs, ME and HRE I think it's time for something lighter.....
        There were threads about YOU?

So which are your favourite - now old - guys in the movies? Teh Morgan Freeman? Clint Eastwood? I guess Schwarzenegger would qualify as "old" now too.
        Teh Heinz Rühmann?!
        Teh Heinz Erhardt perhaps?

Or maybe teh Hans Albers.

Comment

But I meant "old" as in "old, but still alive, not dead yet" (which all the actors you mentioned) are

From us krauts teh Bruno Ganz would be my choice.
          Blah

Comment

Harvey Keitel, nuff said

Comment

Brian Blessed.
              Attached Files
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Timothy Spall.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  Some I guys I like but hardly seem to be in newer movies anymore: Donald Sutherland, Jack Bauer's dad. And Gene Hackman.

Donald Sutherland and Gene Hackman would be among my first choices too.

Also, guys like Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Max von Sydow, Woody Allen..

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    Also, guys like Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Harvey Keitel, Max von Sydow, Woody Allen..

Comment

Pfft, I'm not sure I even know what Harvey Keitel looks like.

Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro..

Comment

Careful: one of those pics seems to be less than appropriate for a family site like this

Comment

Rod Steiger -- best actor ever

John Wayne -- in "The Shootist" his last movie, the one where he finally learned to act

Is Don Ameche still around? He had a brief fantansic comeback in Cacoon and in Harry & the Hendersons.

Lauren Bacall

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            Pfft, I'm not sure I even know what Harvey Keitel looks like.
                            "Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do"

"So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car."

"Are you such a loser you can't tell when you've won? The entire state of Texas, along with the F.B.I., is looking for you. Did they find you? No. They couldn't. You've won, Seth, enjoy it."

"You see I'd like us to make a deal. There's things I want to do while you stay. If you let me you can earn it back. What do you think, one visit for every key?"
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Morgan Freeman is good, but I have an unswerving need to obey the old guy in the Quaker Oats commercials.

It's the right thing to do!

When faced with a question of importance, I always ask myself, what is the right thing to do? And then I eat oatmeal and it all works out in the end.

He's one bad-ass grandpa-type dude!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X