Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia unveils AAW destroyer. (American Arleigh Burke knock-off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding was that the Konga class destroyers were superior to the Arleigh Burke class when they were launched. Were they overshadowed by the IIs/IIAs, or am I just completely wrong?
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

wtf?? This has nothing to do with hockey.
      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Yes, you are wrong. The Konga's have abolutlely no strike capability (ie Tomahawks), and like all foreign purchances of the SPY-1D and Aegis have a very watered down version.

Not to say the Konga is bad, but like most other navies they are thinking along the lines of limited missions and projection.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Do the Japanese even have any Tomahawk-like weapons?? Such weapons would seem to be incompatible with the official mission to be a defense force.

Comment

But sometimes attack is the best defense
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
              But sometimes attack is the best defense
              They do have 3 Amphibs.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
              X