Lord of the what the ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the what the ... ?

So I was YouTubing and then I figured, hey, let's see some of that riverdance thing since it's been a long time.

So I checked out the 'normal' group doing it, it was pretty cool, they were very skilled, everyone can see that..

Then I watched the next video http://youtube.com/watch?v=lgEoWheDi...elated&search= with the star, Michael Flatley or what ever his name is. Whoaah, can you say 'he's not any better than the rest of the dancers?' YES YOU CAN!

So why is he the star? I mean, he is a crossbreed of David Hasselhoff and David Cooperfield. Watch it and you'll know what I mean. Anyway, the point is, these other dancers, they do things precisely and do their role, while this Hasselhoff is doing all kinds of bodybuilding poses, looking like a dork in his sleevless golden shirt. Not only that, but most of his individual dance moves are just poses man... poses.

And then the other skilled dancers are like his props, they build up for him so he can come out flying with his not so heterosexual suggesting aura, busting out and challenging the city if his ego will fit in there. Disgusting man.

I think he is still angry at his parents because they didn't name him David, because then he could do the triple-D sandwich.

But talking about riverdance, there's a moment in everyone's lives where that skill comes in hand. Sometimes when you don't know what to do or say, you can just start doing it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

That´s like it works in the real world.

It´s more the rule than an exception that people in the background are better than the stars themselves.
    Workers often are better and more talented than their bosses, members of political parties often are better than those people who are made candidates for presidency and of course, background dancers can be better than the stars.

Most fans of Flatley won´t notice the talents of the background dancers as they just are the background and everyone watches Flatley.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Re: Lord of the what the ... ?

Originally posted by Pekka
      ...they build up for him so he can come out flying with his not so heterosexual suggesting aura...

That's classic.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I think Pekka is just jealous that he can't riverdance like Flatley .

It´s more the rule than an exception that people in the background are better than the stars themselves.

Though perhaps not in this case:

He became the first non-European to win the All-Ireland World Championship for Irish dance in 1975.

In May of 1989, Flatley set a Guinness Book world record for tapping speed at 28 taps per second; when this record was broken, he set another record in February of 1998, by achieving 35 foot taps per second[2]. The current record holder is James Devine, at 38 taps per second [3].

And he also created the choreography fpr Riverdance and Lord of the Dance, and wasn't just merely a dancer in it.

And for Pekka :

He is also trained as a boxer and won the Golden Gloves Championship in 1975
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So? I don't give a crap if he's a golden gloves champ. Even less so when he is now lord of the .. male hugging. I won't rip him a new a-hole between his ribs because I'm sure he'd want that.... so he could do something on the side, get paid...
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

And so what if he did the coreography, I said it was all about building him up so he can come up and stink the arena after the professional dancers have to be in the background. I bet he feeds them wrong and beats them every now and then so he wouldn't look so ugly and old.

The fact is, Flatley is a loser and there's no way I'm backing down if he wants to get his face mangled. Yeah that's right, I said it! Flatley sucks in dancing. And life.
            In da butt.

Comment

[q=Imran Siddiqui]I think Pekka is just jealous that he can't riverdance like Flatley[/q]
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think Irish dancing is boring.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

che, it's weird isn't it? First, it's like woaah this looks cool and is difficult to do, we all know this to be true.

But then after a while, once you get passed the first excitement, it's mostly .. nah.. ok.. hmm.. is this all they do?
                  In da butt.

Comment

If you think it's boring to look at, then try doing it yourself
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I can look like a dork a lot easier too so no, I won't try it
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I think Irish dancing is boring.
                        An Irish-American friend of mine told me it was invented during a time when the British overlords had outlawed dancing in Ireland. So the Irish came up with a way of dancing only with the legs and feet, so that British soldiers marching by outside couldn't tell they were dancing.

<-- not like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X