I have a problem with eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem with eating

And it is getting worse for the second time.
    For the first time it was when I moved out of home and moved to Warsaw. I've had troubles with my studies, I missed computer, internet, my friends and barely ate anything. I got slimmer by 10 kgs, from 67 to 57.
    Steadily, through my studies I regained balance, but I keep losing weight in Syria, while everyone else actually gained it (the local food causes it). I lost 15 kgs, and am now around 55, which is about as much as I weighted when I was 16 or something, 8 years ago. I would like to eat, I am hungry, but often when I think about eating I feel sick. Often I just don't think about eating until I am going to sleep and realise I haven't eaten anything for a day or two, perhaps except for ice cream, they are so cheap here...
    Actually, the only things I can eat are sweets, but I lately I tend to stop liking even this.
    I am fed up with syrian food as well, after a year here, so I don't know what I should do. I can not go to a proper restaurant, for I can not afford it.
    I thought my slimming would stop after I came back from my Kurdistan trip, for eat even less when I'm in travel (I am actually pretty suprised that I've had strenght to go with a really big and very heavy bag without eating anything), but I continue to drop weight here.
    I am coming back to Poland soon, and while I am in my hometown my parents will stuff me with meals, but I will leave it soon.
    Did anyone have similar problems?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

I lost a lot of weight to when I was in Iraq. It's just a different diet with fewer processed foods plus I didn't go out for nights at the pub like I would if I was back home. That resulted in me losing around 30 pounds in 8 months.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did you kill anyone?

Comment

Sounds like a psychological problem.
        As if you don´t eat when you´re depressed and/or homesick.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I was in Israel for 3 months when i was 21, and i practically lived on felafel, pizza, hummus, and yogurt. I probably would have gained weight, but i did a lot of walking.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

I've had it as a child, and I still get the same thing whenever I'm overly stressed. The only 2 ways I've found around are to either remove the stress or get an intavenous drip. I've always gone with the former...
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I was never properly diagnosed, though my docter when I was eight said that the symptoms were close to Anorexia nervosa. Or atleast that is IIRC, I can't remember much about that. Spending weeks in hospital blurred my memory of it, it was so monotonous...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: I have a problem with eating

Originally posted by Heresson
                And it is getting worse for the second time.
                For the first time it was when I moved out of home and moved to Warsaw. I've had troubles with my studies, I missed computer, internet, my friends and barely ate anything. I got slimmer by 10 kgs, from 67 to 57.
                Steadily, through my studies I regained balance, but I keep losing weight in Syria, while everyone else actually gained it (the local food causes it). I lost 15 kgs, and am now around 55, which is about as much as I weighted when I was 16 or something, 8 years ago. I would like to eat, I am hungry, but often when I think about eating I feel sick. Often I just don't think about eating until I am going to sleep and realise I haven't eaten anything for a day or two, perhaps except for ice cream, they are so cheap here...
                Actually, the only things I can eat are sweets, but I lately I tend to stop liking even this.
                I am fed up with syrian food as well, after a year here, so I don't know what I should do. I can not go to a proper restaurant, for I can not afford it.
                I thought my slimming would stop after I came back from my Kurdistan trip, for eat even less when I'm in travel (I am actually pretty suprised that I've had strenght to go with a really big and very heavy bag without eating anything), but I continue to drop weight here.
                I am coming back to Poland soon, and while I am in my hometown my parents will stuff me with meals, but I will leave it soon.
                Did anyone have similar problems?
                You feel sick when you think about eating? Seek psychological help.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  I was in Israel for 3 months when i was 21, and i practically lived on felafel, pizza, hummus, and yogurt. I probably would have gained weight, but i did a lot of walking.
                  I did the same over there years ago minus the pizza and lost plenty of weight. A good place for getting into shape.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Heat also tends to surpress my appitite so maybe that is also happening to you. Not to mention when it is 110 degrees outside you end up drinking huge amounts of water to stay hydrated which tends to fill you ip so you eat less.

The middle east is a hot place.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                      Seek psychological help.
                      lol LOL

I had the same problem as you, Heresson. For the past decade I have been around 53 to 55 kg. Part of this was probably due to having a physical job, part of it was because of my "computer diet" (one more turn rather than getting food to eat) and part because eating or thinking about food made me sick.

I've now got a nice desk job, a nice fiance and am happy. My weight has increased to normal levels.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        "computer diet" (one more turn rather than getting food to eat)

Been there, done that. Nothing ever worked better.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Comiserations, Heresson. I have appetite problems sometimes, especially in hot weather. Long walks are good for it, I find. Also, drinking milk helps to sustain when solid food is a struggle.

I've never gone a 'day-or-two' though with only an ice-cream for sustainance. Good luck. (Or should that be good lick?)

Comment

You lose weight and you complain
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Yeah, I don't have sympathy for such a problem. Just supplement a balanced diet with chocolate. Problem solved.

Meanwhile the rest of us must run 4km a day and walk for miles just to maintain a healthy weight. If I look at chocolate I put weight on.

I'm just holding back morbid obesity until I don't give a fug anymore.
                              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X