This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

Yep, both Israel and Hezbollah have figured out that it's easier to kill civilians that those guys with the guns that shoot back.
    WRONG!

Actually i think you'll find that hizb is far more effective at causing military casualties than civilian ones, than the IDF - at the IDF's own admission I might add...

Kinda ironic, dontcha think...?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

WRONG!

Actually i think you'll find that hizb is far more effective at causing military casualties than civilian ones, than the IDF - at the IDF's own admission I might add...

So firing hundreds of missiles into Israeli cities is an attempt to kill Israeli military personnel??

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

WRONG!

What the Israeli Prime Minister has to say to European leaders who tell them to stop.

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has told European leaders to stop preaching to him about civilian war casualties in an interview published in a German newspaper.

The article in Welt am Sonntag came as two civilians were killed in Lebanon when an Israeli aircraft struck a van travelling just ahead of a United Nations humanitarian convoy on Sunday.

When asked about criticism from European capitals of Israeli military operations that have led to a heavy civilian toll, Olmert said: "Where do they get the right to preach to Israel?

"European countries attacked Kosovo and killed 10,000 civilians. 10,000! And none of these countries had to suffer before that from a single rocket.

"I'm not saying it was wrong to intervene in Kosovo. But please, don't preach to us about the treatment of civilians."

The Israeli prime minister said it would not be possible to completely destroy Hezbollah, and insisted he did not underestimate them, saying they had fired just 3,000 of their arsenal of 15,000 rockets so far.

"The question is more: If Hezbollah knew what the consequences of their attack would be, would they nevertheless have done it? I don't think so."

"They are beaten but it is not possible to completely destroy them. Israel has nevertheless been more successful than any other country in the battle against a guerrilla organisation."

Convoy attacked

The UN said it was still seeking details but it believed a missile hit a van, killing two civilians, as it drove just in front of its convoy carrying humanitarian aid to the southern port city of Tyre.

Robin Lodge, a spokesman for the World Food Programme, said: "What we're hearing is that it was about 20 metres ahead of our convoy, but it is yet to be confirmed.

"We can't get in touch with our convoy leader because he is out of radio contact. We're trying to get more details."

Aid workers have complained that Israeli airstrikes have made it almost impossible to reach the estimated 800,000 to one million people displaced by the nearly month-old conflict.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• I believe it's time to break out the nuclear party favors and incinerate Lebanon, Syria, Iran, and anyone else who acts up in the middle east.

Comment

• @MKSheppard
            Thanks for your final solution!
            bleh

Comment

• Originally posted by MKSheppard
              and anyone else who acts up in the middle east.
              That narrows it down.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by cronos_qc
                @MKSheppard
                Thanks for your final solution!
                Yeah, let's ignore all the rantings of the Iranian establishment for an "Israeli Final Solution".

The only way the Arabs will learn not to **** with the West is when their cities, one after the other, vanish under mushroom clouds as the American Bombers cruise overhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by MKSheppard
                  The only way the Arabs will learn not to **** with the West is when their cities, one after the other, vanish under mushroom clouds as the American Bombers cruise overhead.
                  The Arabs do not *** with the West. It is only a small fraction of the population that does that.

You logic is the same as Osamas: There's some people there who I think are evil, so let's kill them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Israel may be politically stupid (at least in the long term), but militarly they are geniuses. They had to know an air campaign wasn't going to solve their problem. However, had they announced in the begining their intention to invade, it would have created a huge problem for the President as well as Israel, as many countries, even in the ME, who had been willing to step back and let Israel do a little bombing would have been adamantly opposed to an invasion.

"MIlitary geniuses"?!

Its nice to know you have so efefctively bought IDF propaganda over the years.

There is nothing "extraordinary" about the IDF. It is a well trained well equiped force with control of the air due to superior technology. Those are simple reasons why it has beaten the Arab armies when faced head to head. But its war have gotten more expensive as time has gone on, since 1956. And if the IDF is full of geniuses, why did they fail for 18 years to pacify Hizbullah?

Israel thought it could force the Sunni, Druze, and Christian Lebanese to fight the Shiites for it. It failed to do so, and now they have to go with boots on the ground.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                      The difference being, of course, is that the Dr. Pepper company didn't fire rockets into Northern Mexico from Texas, Mexico retaliated, and the then the United States went whing to the UN when they couldn't countrol their country.

No, but the companies occupying the WTC and the Pentagon helped prop up nasty dictatorships around the world for fun and profit, which means that a lot of people died and or were tortored.

If you justify the slaughter of Lebanese civilians for their inability to disarm Hizbollah, then you justify the slaghter of Americans for their faliure to stop their government from propping up dicatorships, etc.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc
                        What would you call it? Who's interests are they serving? The Lebanese?
                        Yes. It serves the interests of the 1.4 million Shiites who live in Southern Lebanon. It provided the hospitals, welfare system, education system, and all the basic other civil society needs that the Central and northern Lebanese controlled government of Sunni's, Druze, and Christian never have provided for the people of the south.

Its is an indegenous force created by both the brutality and hamhandedness of the Israeli ocupation post 1982 and by fundamentalism stirred amongst the Shiites by the Iranian revolution.

It obviously has an affinity towards Iran for obvious religious reasons, an affinity Iran has exploited as well as Hizbullah. As for Syria, since it does not seem to have a chance to get its own territory back after 39 years of Israeli opccupation, so its pretty simple to see why Syria has every reason to help anti-Israeli forces in Lebanon.

This is of course why Bush (as always) is wrong about "tackling the roots" of the problem.

The roots of the problem are as follows:

1. The Israeli/Palestinian nationalist issue (two national groups claiming the very same real estate)
                        2. The fractured secterian nature of Lebanon (why do you think they had a civil war?)
                        3. The failure of authoritarian Arab regimes and the lure of political Islam as a cure for that failure.

The current war, just as all the past wars in the ME do nothing to solve the roots of the problems. Not that anyone seems actually serious in solving the roots.

Comment

• Originally posted by cronos_qc
                          Do you want to see Israel on world television fighting a guerilla army who are looking like civillian? Dressing like civillian, hiding in the civillian, and the civillian helping the Hezb.

Actually, Hezbollah has a military uniform.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The Europeans have every right to critisize Israel and its actions. If anything the Europeans have been too half-hearted in their actions against this war.

Comment

• Serbia was bombed for doing the same Israel is doing now, fighting islamic terrorism

discuss

Why are albanian refugees leaving kosovo different than lebanese refugees leaving south lebanon.
                              I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                                Serbia was bombed for doing the same Israel is doing now, fighting islamic terrorism

discuss
                                NO, Serbia was bombed for trying to carry out more ethnic cleasning. The air campaign was poorly executed then as well.

Why are albanian refugees leaving kosovo different than lebanese refugees leaving south lebanon.
                                There is no difference, both as tragic events and proof of the limits of airpower.

Comment

Working...
                                X