Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone can find an article in support of anything.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sure, but why be so shy that he won't give a link to the source ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

No, no - the precision bombing is hitting its targets...

It's just a pity that when the Israelis decide to blow up a highway in christian north Lebanon during rush hour they don't give a flying **** if there are civilians actually driving on the road in the first place...

They are out of control!

This is a country born out of zionist terrorism - Olmert's own father was in Irgun for christ's sake! (anyone miss this the other week?)

Murderous. Terrorist. Scum!

No wonder they are terrorising Lebanon so effectively as they are now when the leader of the country learned how to use terror from his father...

Right now I am embarrassed to be a British Citizen...

I never realised my opinions of Israel could plunge far lower than they already were - but then this is the first time I have fully followed the murderous and barbaric nature of an Israeli campaign based on the terror and destruction of innocent lives...

There is a moral difference between retaliating against legitimate targets (If Lebanon doesn't want the rest of the country to be fair game, then they should have made an effort to rein in Hezbollah a long time ago) and hitting targets for maximum civilian casulties(which is what Hezbollah does)
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Sic Semper Trolls

Originally posted by BlackCat
          Sure, but why be so shy that he won't give a link to the source ?
          Perhaps I can shed some light.

The first ARTICLE is provided by the kind folks at THE NATIONAL VANGUARD. While visiting their site I learned that
          UN demands White nation act against its own intrests
          Utahns Leaving Multiracial Public Schools
          With opportunity for self-segregation, nature is once again taking its course
          The militant homosexual movement in general is closely connected with violent "anti-fascists" who in turn have worked closely with "respectable" elements as unofficial goonsquads, which exlains their near-immunity from prosecution
          Historian Faurisson Fights 'Holocaust Denial' Charge
          Desperate to quash investigations of Holocaust claims, Jewish supremacists hope to jail top historian
          Grateful for this new-found persepctive, I learned even more from John McCarthy, author of the second article.

What did the prophet Jeremiah mean when he denounced the "Torah" - which we know as the Five Books of Moses - as "lies from the false pen of scribes"?

It was once almost universally accepted that the Old Testament was a truthful account of the past. Now the early part of the story is generally accepted as mythical - despite the best efforts of numerous television programmes to find Noah's Ark, Sodom and Gomorrah and the exact location of the Garden of Eden!

But it now appears that almost the whole thing may be a work of fiction. Archaeologists and biblical scholars are now asserting that the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and their conquest of the Promised Land of Canaan simply never happened. Some even argue that the Israelites, far from being divinely -inspired radicals who replaced Canaanite idolatry wit the worship of a single God, were simply a group who emerged from the Canaanites who continued the old religion until an astonishingly late date. It is being said that there is no evidence at all to show that David and Solomon rules Israel from Jerusalem - or that their great kingdom even existed! Although there clearly was a smaller kingdom of Israel at a later date, there seems to be decisive evidence that the Israelites worshipped a goodess, a consort of their main deity, right up until their destruction in 722 BC.

The Bush administration had all the necessary evidence to demonstrate beyond any reasonable doubt what happened on 9/11 yet all they did was to hinder every investigation. On top of it the so called "conspiracy theorists" became target to threats, job loss, and character assasinations.

It is much less the doubts of the offical version that raises the suspicion of a cover-up or even an insider job, but the reaction to these doubts by those in charge.

Simple logic tells us that there is something terribly wrong but without access to all the evidence it is difficult to prove. Instead of calling this effort a consiracy I would rather describe it as the effort or conspiracy to uncover a conspiracy or fraud.
          Thank you, Mobius, for a very educational evening.
          Old posters never die.
          They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
            There is a moral difference between retaliating against legitimate targets (If Lebanon doesn't want the rest of the country to be fair game, then they should have made an effort to rein in Hezbollah a long time ago) and hitting targets for maximum civilian casulties(which is what Hezbollah does)
            So then it was legitimate for al-Qaeda to hit the WTC, because the companies headquartered there helped sponsor the exploitation of the Muslim world.

Oh, and Lebanon didn't have the military capacity to shut down Hezbollah without reigniting the civil war. Maybe they wanted a few years of peace after thirty years of war.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Israel is making great effort to tell citizens to boogie. Can't bomb objectives without smoking you. Go.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

So then it was legitimate for al-Qaeda to hit the WTC, because the companies headquartered there helped sponsor the exploitation of the Muslim world.
                Couldn't have been done without the gaggle of ****nuts running the muslim world. Most everyone else has managed to make a transition to rule of law, don't make excuses for the majority of Muslim countries.

Oh, and Lebanon didn't have the military capacity to shut down Hezbollah without reigniting the civil war. Maybe they wanted a few years of peace after thirty years of war.
                So, they could have just formally recognized that the Bekaa Valley and the surrounding area were independent.

If they want to claim that territory, then they should take responsibility for it. I know personal responisibility is something the Left has been shirking for God knows how long, but try to wrap your brain around it.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Couldn't have been done without the gaggle of ****nuts running the muslim world. Most everyone else has managed to make a transition to rule of law, don't make excuses for the majority of Muslim countries.

You mean like how you make excuses for the West ****ing over the 3rd world but claim the victims of that ****ing have no right to do something about it? And don't forget that that gaggle of ****nuts was sponsored by the West in order to build a conservative alternative movement to the secular nationalists trying to take over their own countries from our corrupt puppets. We're reaping what we've sewn.

So, they could have just formally recognized that the Bekaa Valley and the surrounding area were independent.

If they want to claim that territory, then they should take responsibility for it.

You know, there are other options besides civil war and cessation. Like, trying to stablize the country and try and finesse Hezbollah into giving up their arms. Despite the fact that we live in an age of microwaves, soundbites, and cell phones, these things don't just happen instantly. They take time to work.

As I said, they'd just finished three decades of war, and weren't in a particular hurry to get back into it.

I know personal responisibility is something the Left has been shirking for God knows how long, but try to wrap your brain around it.

Nice ad hominom.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Israel is making great effort to tell citizens to boogie. Can't bomb objectives without smoking you. Go.
                    Advance warnings are nice but they also allow the bad guys time to line up women and children as "innocent bystanders".
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

You mean like how you make excuses for the West ****ing over the 3rd world but claim the victims of that ****ing have no right to do something about it? And don't forget that that gaggle of ****nuts was sponsored by the West in order to build a conservative alternative movement to the secular nationalists trying to take over their own countries from our corrupt puppets. We're reaping what we've sewn.
                      Cry me a ****ing river. The Former Eastern Bloc has(more or less) managed to fine their way to liberal democracies, and you want me to change the goalposts for a bunch of Dark Age loonytoons?

You know, there are other options besides civil war and cessation. Like, trying to stablize the country and try and finesse Hezbollah into giving up their arms. Despite the fact that we live in an age of microwaves, soundbites, and cell phones, these things don't just happen instantly. They take time to work.
                      What they need to do is get the house in order first. The local tribes have spent the better part of the past 60 years trying to figure out just how hard they can hit Israel without getting their peepee smacked, and now they scream bloody murder when they err on the side of "too hard".

Nice ad hominom.
                      Yeah, it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. Sorry, it was beneath me.
                      Last edited by Lonestar; August 6, 2006, 01:23.

Comment

• Che and Mobius. Crosses to bear.

Comment

That sounds a bit too easy.

I'm not sure it is possible to just abandon part of your territory. Certainly not if that part has no wish to be independent (as is the case with Hezbollah: they are part of Lebanon, they are Lebanese citizens and wish not to change that status).

If Lebanon had taken such action, most likely the international community would have rejected the notion. Lebanon can't just declare part of it's territory as a lawless area without any governing body functioning. There would have been great conceirn for the area in anarchy. It would be bound to become a battleground.

I doubt that in the case of a ceceded South and Bekaa that would have carried out the events of the last months Lebanon 'proper' would have been spared. Most likely they would have had the same blame hurled at them as they receive now.
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos

That sounds a bit too easy.

I'm not sure it is possible to just abandon part of your territory. Certainly not if that part has no wish to be independent (as is the case with Hezbollah: they are part of Lebanon, they are Lebanese citizens and wish not to change that status).

If Lebanon had taken such action, most likely the international community would have rejected the notion. Lebanon can't just declare part of it's territory as a lawless area without any governing body functioning. There would have been great conceirn for the area in anarchy. It would be bound to become a battleground.

I doubt that in the case of a ceceded South and Bekaa that would have carried out the events of the last months Lebanon 'proper' would have been spared. Most likely they would have had the same blame hurled at them as they receive now.
                            Yes, but then Lebanon would have been more "in the right" than right now, where they are tacitly supporting Hezbollah but not doing anything to stop them.

Comment

• There is a moral difference between retaliating against legitimate targets (If Lebanon doesn't want the rest of the country to be fair game, then they should have made an effort to rein in Hezbollah a long time ago) and hitting targets for maximum civilian casulties(which is what Hezbollah does)

Though it's interesting how the morally better options leads to more casualities overall isn't it.

Comment

Yes, but then Lebanon would have been more "in the right" than right now, where they are tacitly supporting Hezbollah but not doing anything to stop them.
                                Unfortunately, they would have been deemed a little less in the wrong .

I'm not so convinced that 'Lebanon' has not been doing anything to stop them. Untill recently Syria had a big influence in Lebonon and it has been said often and again that Hezbollah is a Syrian proxy.
                                A little over a year ago the Lebanese secured a major victory in expelling the Syrians and I figure that these events have been a major step in reigning in the autonomy of Hezbollah. It certainly was a major step in extending the authority of the Lebanese state over it's territory.
                                Lebanon has been doing a good job in disarming the various militia's in the 90's after the Taif-accords.
                                They have had more trouble with Hezbollah, to a large extend due to the then still present Israeli buffer-zone. But there is little doubt in my mind that the Lebanese approve of a single large militia still present, let alone support it.
                                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X