• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Middle East Continues...

Continues... and Continues.. and Continues
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Much like the internecine warfare in the ME.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: The Middle East Continues...

Originally posted by Ming
      Don't be too pessimistic. Iraq has gone quiet as well.
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Can anyone say when was the last time there was peace throughout the middle east? My best guess would be 3500 BC.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Not a bad guess but archaeologists have found city walls at Jericho dated to around 7000BC so they appear to have been fighting for at least the last 9000 years.

Perhaps someone should point out that they have now set the world record and can stop?
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: Re: The Middle East Continues...

Originally posted by germanos

Don't be too pessimistic. Iraq has gone quiet as well.
            Just out of the news at the moment as Israel - Lebanon is more interesting than the perpetual bombing in Iraq.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Bomb attack hits Baghdad square

Nine people were reportedly injured in the bomb attack
            A series of bombs have hit the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, killing three people and injuring nine, officials say.
            BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Iraq rocked by fresh bomb attacks

The Karrada bomb was near a bank where soldiers were collecting pay
            A series of bomb attacks in Iraq have killed more than 50 people - many of them soldiers.

A roadside bomb killed at least 23 soldiers travelling on a bus between Tikrit and Baiji, north of Baghdad.

At least 14 people died in a suicide car bombing in central Baghdad, while another blast in the city left one person dead.

Attacks on police patrols in the north and north-east killed twelve, and a British soldier was killed in Basra.

Some 45 Shia Muslims were also kidnapped by gunmen while travelling by bus through the Sunni region of Ramadi in western Iraq, a provincial governor said.

On Monday, about 20 people were kidnapped from offices in Baghdad.
            etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
              Not a bad guess but archaeologists have found city walls at Jericho dated to around 7000BC so they appear to have been fighting for at least the last 9000 years.
              There may have been a century or two of quiet here and there throughout the past 9000 years. (Maybe)
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Quit whining guys, continue with pissing at each other or having different opinions. Much more fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                  Can anyone say when was the last time there was peace throughout the middle east? My best guess would be 3500 BC.
                  Hm,
                  wasn´t there peace at the time the romans occupied the whole region?
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No, there was lots of guerilla warfare, watch "Life of Brian".
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                      Hm,
                      Yeah but then there was also relative peace when the Turks occupied the whole region.

By this logic, there will be peace as soon as Israel occupies the whole region.

Comment

Re: The Middle East Continues...

Originally posted by Ming

Like I once said, it's a long way to the promised land for those who can only move in circles...
                        "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

There was probably peace in most of the ME during the Caliphates. Mostly anyway.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What is peace in the Muslim world anyway? There must have been much neighbour killing but all in good spirit and justifiable by the laws of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                              Hm,
                              "Pah! The only people we hate more than the Romans are the phuquing Judean People's Front."

Comment

Working...
                              X