This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

If I weren't to lazy to go out to my boat and check it in the darkness, I would give you the GPS coordinates.
    Nah, thats just the position - who cares about that - that is what GPS tells you. Have the light house in beirut the same significance as that ole gal in new york ? (actually, I doon't think that she ever has been used as a lighthouse, but I might be wrong)
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

Nah, thats just the position - who cares about that - that is what GPS tells you. Have the light house in beirut the same significance as that ole gal in new york ? (actually, I doon't think that she ever has been used as a lighthouse, but I might be wrong)
      See my last reply to Vince
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

See my last reply to Vince
        I think that anyone here at poly can come up with wild guesses even reasons about why they shouldn't have done it, but I think that IDF has their reasons if it was deliberate.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

I think that anyone here at poly can come up with wild guesses even reasons about why they shouldn't have done it, but I think that IDF has their reasons if it was deliberate.
          That's like saying: "Hizbollah has their reasons if the attacks on Haifa was deliberate".

With a close friend who spent 3 UN missions in south Lebanon, a total of 18 months around 1990, I know that IDF don't give a sh*t what they target, as long as it's not their own nationals. When some good guys were kidnapped by terrorists, IDF didn't hesitate a second to kill the hostages along with the terrorists, by use of overwhelming firepower. The hostages weren't jews, so what did they care?
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• That's like saying: "Hizbollah has their reasons if the attacks on Haifa was deliberate".

They do.

Comment

• So you support them?

Comment

• No, because those reasons are "kill as many Israeli civilians as possible".

Comment

• If they wanted that, they would not waste rockets on attacking IDF. I believe their reasons to attack Haifa is to provoke IDF into attacking civilians in return, and make them loose the PR war.

Comment

• Hasn't the story about the ball bearings been posted and quoted several times already?

Comment

• What's so bad about ball bearings? Isn't that used in all anti-personnel weapons? It's the essential part of a Claymore mine, which is used by all serious armies, including the American and Swedish.

What about cluster bombs with 10% duds, looking like children's toys, which don't explode until a kid picks it up out of curiousity. All weapons are evil, so if you want to stay on the good side, don't use them at all.

Comment

• There was a really interesting interview with a guy from the Council on Foreign Relations on NPR tonight. I highly recommend it.
                        Augustus Richard Norton is a professor of international relations and anthropology at Boston University and has been writing about Lebanon for 25 years. He is an expert on the Shiite political movements, including Hezbollah. A member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Norton's books include Amal and the Shi'a: Struggle for the Soul of Lebanon and Civil Society in the Middle East.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If they wanted that, they would not waste rockets on attacking IDF. I believe their reasons to attack Haifa is to provoke IDF into attacking civilians in return, and make them loose the PR war.
                          Hizb may be determined to kill civilian israelis, but I guess that if they are forced to fight, then they fire at IDF instead of standard targets.

If Hisb didn't want to hurt civilians they from day one have had the opportunity to only fire at military targets - they haven't - only occationally they have fired at such.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Before this incident, in the five years since the end of the occupation, Hizbollah only killed one Israeli civilian. Hardly the mark of a group that wants to kill Jews. They did kill, however, 25 Israeli soldiers.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• And funded and supplied Hamas...
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Your reply don't explain why the lighthouses in Lebanon has to be destroyed in order to stop Hizbollah
                                Because there are many small boats around Lebanon that are not equipped with GPS for the DUH!! factor, Alex.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X