Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluray vs HD-DVD: Comparison of titles in both formats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad.

Knew that number didn't look big enough.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

FYI, each pixel in uncompressed video is 16 or 20 bits. Video uses a YUV colorspace. 8/10 bits grayscale per pixel plus 16/20 bits color per sample. A sample in 4:2:2 colorspace is 2 pixels wide.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

8/10 bits grayscale + 16/20 bits color = 16 or 20 bits?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

8/10 bits grayscale per pixel + 16/20 bits color per sample = 16/20 bits per pixel in 4:2:2 colorspace.

Just use 16 bits per pixel in your calculations.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
          X