iPod Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Help?

I've been going around the internet for a few hours now, have read manuals, etc. and I haven't found anything that can solve my problem yet...

I have a 3rd Generation iPod (I think, it's a clickwheel with 40GB of memory, but it's not color). I keep getting the file icon with the exclamation point when I try to turn on my iPod. I try to connect it to my computer, and my computer won't read it, because the iPod seems to keep turning itself on and off. I've tried to put it into Disk Mode, and it seems to connect for a little while, showing the "Do Not Disconnect" icon, but then it restarts itself again, all the while my computer reads nothing (either through iTunes or through just going through "My Computer"). I've tried resetting it (holding the select and menu buttons) several times and putting it on disk mode (holding the select and play buttons) several times, all with the same result.

I've already resigned myself to probably losing all the files on the iPod and having to restore it, but I can't even do that!!! Help!
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

I believe I've heard the technical term for the problem, it's fuxored. Seriously though, you might have to take it to some kind of repairer.
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Working...
    X