Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have been away from poly for a long time, are there still Bush supporters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have been away from poly for a long time, are there still Bush supporters?

I have been gone from Apolyton for a long time (I've had a few posts here and there, but nothing really for about 2 or 3 years I think) and when I was there last there was a large and vocal American contingent of Bush supporters. But now that Iraq has turned into the mess anyone with sense predicted it would, and with other problems, Bush's approval ratings have gone to s---. Is this true for apolyton, or have the political views of everyone stayed the same?

BTW, I went to Germany for the world cup and got tickets to 5 games (all the US games, FRA vs. SWI and BRA vs. AUS). Am I the only one from apolyton that went? (I know this should be in the designated football thread, but it is a quick question and I didn't want to wade through pages and pages of ranting posts).

And another question, is Italy hated by non-Italians here? I sure hope so.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Ted Striker who used to post USA USA USA AND Britney Pics, has turned completly against the war, but he also stopped posting around a month ago.
    I need a foot massage

Comment

hi

Comment

Ted also thinks that the Mossad helped the CIA help the owners of the WTC in 9/11...

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
          Ted Striker who used to post USA USA USA AND Britney Pics, has turned completly against the war, but he also stopped posting around a month ago.
          Of course, he also thought the government set up 9/11.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

whoa, I didnt know that, I missed the thread in which he said that
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Wiggy.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Re: Have been away from poly for a long time, are there still Bush supporters?

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                I have been gone from Apolyton for a long time (I've had a few posts here and there, but nothing really for about 2 or 3 years I think) and when I was there last there was a large and vocal American contingent of Bush supporters. But now that Iraq has turned into the mess anyone with sense predicted it would, and with other problems, Bush's approval ratings have gone to s---. Is this true for apolyton, or have the political views of everyone stayed the same?
                His approval ratings are about average for most presidents at his point in their term. Need to check your facts and read something other than Wikipedia.

BTW, Apolyton is a liberal hellhouse, when were there ever Bush supporters here?

but now that Iraq has turned into the mess anyone with sense predicted it would,
                Except Kerry

Comment

speak of the devil

Comment

I think it's time to leave Iraq, but I also think Bush is playing the cards he was dealt.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This crazy Dane is still in support.

Comment

Is that why you're crazy?
                        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

No, that's for telling people, yet still wandering about unarmed.

Comment

Unarmed with wits, are ya?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              speak of the devil
                              Yes. That's rather spooky.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X