Extra features that should be on cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra features that should be on cars

1. A screen for keeping the sunlight out when parked, that automatically extends itself across windows as needed at the push of a button - and adjusts itself with changes in the Sun's position.

2. Kind of evil, but could prove useful: Two pairs of electronic screens, one on the front and one on the back of the car, placed and configured so as to be clearly visible to other motorists in all light conditions; the left one displaying the number of accidents the driver has had within the last decade, the right one showing the number of tickets he has gotten during that same period of time. Made mandatory, of course. Could be set up to identify the driver by fingerprint on the steering wheel, or some other method, like a bar code/magnetic code on the driver's license, its swiping being required to start the car. Subject to routine checking during police stops, just like driver's licenses are today. Could retrieve data by radio from central authority once a month.

I'd just like the car manufacturers to make cars of the good quality that they used to. Not the schlop that is most of what our societies drive now.
    "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

A flush crapper built into the driver's seat with an optional turd catapult ejection system.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        A flush crapper built into the driver's seat with an optional turd catapult ejection system.
        Would it have an aiming device?? If so, I want one

Comment

Lancer, you're close. Ejection seats for all passengers. Acting a fool? Driver says, "Adios".
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Photon torpedoes.
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Polarized windows.

Comment

Anti biker cannons

Comment

Car-to-car missiles...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    Polarized windows.
                    Polarized hull-plating.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Re: Extra features that should be on cars

Originally posted by Winston
                      2. Kind of evil, but could prove useful: Two pairs of electronic screens, one on the front and one on the back of the car, placed and configured so as to be clearly visible to other motorists in all light conditions; the left one displaying the number of accidents the driver has had within the last decade, the right one showing the number of tickets he has gotten during that same period of time.
                      ... and what'd be the value of this?

Comment

I'd like nothing more than a good cup holder. We Euros don't eat or drink in our cars so we make small middle consoles you can barely put your arm on, and that's rare in itself so.. when I was in the states and drove domestic cars there, I liked the space between the driver and the passanger.. it was nice.

And guns. Big. Guns.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The value would be to alert other motorists and allow them to take their precautions.

Comment

Working...
                          X